New Channels

DISH needs to look into putting Antenna TV,MeTV,THiS Network,Create up on satellite or add several channels that are now offered in HD,like 2 more of the Encore channels.There are several ways that DISH could add channels and I'm sure which ones they can add for the cheapest price will play a big factor on which ones they do add,if any at all.;)

Last edited:
Would love to see DISH add Metv and Tv Land in HD. I can't even get DISH to add ota guide data for Metv in our area and have tried for months with the dishquality@echostar.com They don't seem to care anymore about pleasing the customer.

You and the others who seem to constantly have OTA guide issues with their programming information in their DISH OTA guide was on my mind when I made this suggestion that I did .It also seems to me if they would add these subchannels DISH could solve two issues at one time.More channels and better OTA subchannel guide programming information.;):)

Would love to see DISH add Metv and Tv Land in HD. I can't even get DISH to add ota guide data for Metv in our area and have tried for months with the dishquality@echostar.com They don't seem to care anymore about pleasing the customer.
I only get MeTV a few hrs per day here because my local station that carries it only wants to use it as a filler!

FamilyNet would be a great addition for those we like classic TV like Newhart, Mary Tyler Moore, Mr. Belvedere, Remington Steele and more. They also have some unique daytime programming that includes cooking and health related shows and kids programming on Saturdays.

And yes, they do have some Christian programming but most are geared for those we like sound Biblical teaching as opposed to so many of the prosperity teachers that dominate religious TV. Side note: I would like to be able to watch Wretched with Todd Friel - he really knows how to address today's issues from a Christian prospective.

Oh, and FamilyNet is available in HD!

I would like to see Smithsonian back again, but with more content this time.

I also would like to see Shorts HD returned, but this time with descriptions in the Guide of what's going to be shown. I only watched Shorts HD once or twice, but I think that was mainly because the Guide never told me what was playing, and I pre-record everything.

Adding FearNet would certainly add variety to the Dish schedule. I would rather see that than more Encore channels or US-based news broadcasts. I like having a lot of choices.

One interesting channel DirecTV has that Dish doesn't have yet is MHz WorldView. I would watch that channel if it were offered. I think it probably would go in the International package, however.

Most of all, I would like it if Dish stopped taking things away from us. If they give us a channel, and people get used to it and enjoy it, then they ought to leave it alone.

One interesting channel DirecTV has that Dish doesn't have yet is MHz WorldView. I would watch that channel if it were offered. I think it probably would go in the International package, however.
MHz would be a great addition, and would be a great alternative to the World Pack for those without 118. It has lots of International programming, including the NHK World News. It's available OTA on some local PBS sub-channels, including KCSM 60.2 in the SF Bay area, as well.

But, as Dish makes much of its revenue from INternational subscriptions, I have to wonder how much free International programming they are willing to offer. After all, "why buy the cow...?"

FWIW, I gained the following HD channels when I recently dropped Dish and went to cable:

ABCFamily
AMC
Disney
Disney XD
ESPNU
Fuse
IFC
Outdoor Channel
Oxygen
Smithsonian
TVLand
WE
WealthTV
MoreMax
Movie Channel Xtra
Sho Extreme
Starz Cinema
Starz in Black

Lost a few too, but none that I cared about. About half of the above channels aren't on DirecTV either.

Many of those a pretty mainstream channels I imagine a lot of people would like to have.

I really want the Pac-12 networks--all of them, not just the national feed and one regional. But I realize that sports is not a big deal for Dish. I also realize that there is some sort of Pac-12/ESPN partnership. That makes Dish getting the Pac-12 even less likely. But I can dream.

FWIW, I gained the following HD channels when I recently dropped Dish and went to cable:

ABCFamily
AMC
Disney
Disney XD
ESPNU
Fuse
IFC
Outdoor Channel
Oxygen
Smithsonian
TVLand
WE
WealthTV
MoreMax
Movie Channel Xtra
Sho Extreme
Starz Cinema
Starz in Black
I didn't realize that IFC was also available in HD. If they don't drop the AMC nets, I'd like to see IFC in HD. I'll bet it would increase viewership. AMC should offer to throw it in for free, and not try and get add'l money for HD a la Disney/ABC/ESPN.

I didn't realize that IFC was also available in HD. If they don't drop the AMC nets, I'd like to see IFC in HD. I'll bet it would increase viewership. AMC should offer to throw it in for free, and not try and get add'l money for HD a la Disney/ABC/ESPN.
It is, and just about everybody carries it except satellite and U-verse. I'm looking forward to watching Portlandia and Arrested Development where the picture is as sharp as the humor. I may even give Todd Margaret another chance. But if AMC's ratings are "very, very, very low" in Charlie's words, I can't imagine how many "very"s it would take to describe IFC, making it not much of a bargaining chip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)