New Customer, Channel List Errors and Promotion Questions

dishgo

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
usa
Looking at becoming a dish customer. The 2 year price lock plan for top120+ free dvr at $49.99/mo for 2 yrs looks pretty good. Does this stack with any other promos such as gift cards or referrals?

Also these channel lists don't match:

mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/americas-top-120

dish.com/compare-channels/

The second list seems to be missing channels like espn, comedy central, ... there are actually only 133 channels listed here.

The second list shows golf channel included, first doesn't.

Anyone know what's going on there?

Yeah, that second link to compare channels doesn't seem right in many areas. There seem to be a lot of issues on http://www.dish.com/compare-channels/ For example, Fox Deportes is not in 120, 200, 250; Fox Sports 1 is not only in Top 250, and ESPN/ESPN2 isn't in just Top 250. The first link you looked at seems to be more accurate...

Yeah chat isn't working either for me. That's pretty bad they can't even get their own channel list right.

Any opinions on the deal in general and best promo to stack?

What do I need to know about the visa gift card offers floating around?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think there are multiple people creating channel lists at Dish, none have 100% accurate info, and they don't talk to each other.... :p

As for the referrals, I'm certain that you can still use a referral from someone and get $50 right from the start. Tell them you have this when you order as I think it's tricky, or even not possible, to apply it after the order has been placed. Worst case is you cancel the order/installation and start over. I can give you a referral #...

I'm not familiar with the Visa gift card offers ?

I think there are multiple people creating channel lists at Dish, none have 100% accurate info, and they don't talk to each other.... :p

As for the referrals, I'm certain that you can still use a referral from someone and get $50 right from the start. Tell them you have this when you order as I think it's tricky, or even not possible, to apply it after the order has been placed. Worst case is you cancel the order/installation and start over. I can give you a referral #...

I'm not familiar with the Visa gift card offers ?
It's possible just a PITA. And 90% of people you would call to fix it don't know how(not a common issue). I'm sure most DIRT members will know how if need be. And referrals run completely separate than new customer promotions so you should be able to use them.

Ok thanks, so the $5/mo x 10 referral shouldn't be an issue. I had seen some visa gift card promotions out there but the last official one I can find expired in January. I am not sure if any of the other ones are legit or just trying to get people to use their referral codes.

I think this is the best deal going right now for 2yrs $50/mo for hopper, AT120+, DVR included. DirecTV is $20+ more/mo and cable is more as well even with bundled internet service. Any other thoughts?

http://www.dish.com/find-retailer/

I don't think it works right in Firefox so you might try IE or Chrome.

Disregard any of the Cellular Connections and other kiosk retailers that might be listed and look for a local retailer. You're good if it says 'Preferred Partner'. You'll usually get the best deal, the best installation and the best long term service.

You can also Google your city and state, and then add in "local Dish retailer" and see what comes up. If you need a referral certificate number PM any one of us and we will give you one.

How common is Cellular Connections? I thought they were a regional place. That Dish website gives me 15 results, 14 are Cellular Connection stores while # 5 is a normal retailer.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts