New DIRECTV H20 MPEG-2/4 on sale

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am sorry for the rambling on last night. Prob had to much liquid. won't happen again and I am toddytime from the get go and not someone else.

Thanks Robert for some wonderful info.
I noticed you stated that you will be selling the new 2'x3' 5/LNB dish around Oct. Are they already in a warehouse & are techs getting trained on the install already or do you know a date of some of your "installers" to go to the training (not sure how D* does the training for the techs, Dist reps hold classes?).
Also the link says available Sept or sooner......surely someone is beta testing the H20............would like to see the specs & inputs/outputs....

Guess it'll be longer for the new HD-DVR then........

So by this info:

Safeway 2 launch (mid Aug if no more delays)
H20 maybe by Sept
2' x 3' w/5LNB dish by Oct.
1st group update..Nov/Dec (need MPEG4 HD-STB's & dishes)

It'll be a while for me then.........maybe by this time next year.

Barney

Any idea if this STB will have either a async serial or a firewire interface?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I expect the H20 to be available by early August. The dishes will be available sometime in September or October '05.

The new H20 would give your the interactive services for now and make your system MPEG-2/4 HD ready.

-Robert

Ok, I am confused (Not an unusual state for me).

I ordered the H20 from you earlier this week and said early August on the webpage when I ordered.....just as you say above.

I referred someone today to pick one up as well and it now says late September.

What changed this week? :confused:

Does anyone know if DirecTV will still be requiring you to have a phone line hooked into their receivers? Is that something they are still striving for in the eventual upgrade? I sure hope not because I think it is stupid. In the cellular world more and more people like myself are only going with a cell for a home phone.

On DirecTV non-DVR units the phone line is for PPV billing and "phone home" attempts for sports pack subscriptions (so says DirecTV). On the DVR models out now (and supposedly the one about to come out) the phone line will be needed for the initial setup because they did not think ahead and included an ethernet connection. If none of these are you scenario then you should not need a land line; I have boxes that have never been on a phone line and they have always worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts