NEW directv hd dvr?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vdawgs22

Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
its on backorder

2 questions... does anyone know when it will become available and does it come with the rf remote???

It will be available when they get enough to fill the backorders.
The ones shipped so far have come with an RF remote.

yeah i figured they'd rerelease them when they had them available but is there any date for when they are getting them again? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 2 months?

yeah i figured they'd rerelease them when they had them available but is there any date for when they are getting them again? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 2 months?

I saw 2 of them on the sales floor at my local BB this past Tuesday, so them being out of stock is not entirely true.
Depends what route you decide to take to get one.

Jimbo

DirecTV themselves has it on backorder as they fill all the orders for the past few weeks first. But they are available retail in limited quantities as noted above. And looks like Value Electronics is still taking orders for shipping next week.

My remote seems to just be IR, but I'll have to verify it this evening. It might be RF and I haven't set it up properly, but I think it's just IR.

I saw 2 of them on the sales floor at my local BB this past Tuesday, so them being out of stock is not entirely true.
Depends what route you decide to take to get one.

Jimbo

For a complete and utter newbie, is it tough to install if I went out and got it?

I know nothing about my Dish or setups as the D* guy did it all.

The HDDVR requires (2) RG-6 cables to the dish... 1 for each of its D* tuners.

I just got a call saying that mine is available from the waitlist. I ordered it tonight, and was told that it must be professionally-installed. That install is scheduled for Sunday 11/19 between 1pm-5pm.

currently d*tv is conrtacting additional manufacturers to catch up to the demand. d*tv estimates that they will still have problems filling orders through this holiday season. I expect the dust to settle around january 2007

currently d*tv is conrtacting additional manufacturers to catch up to the demand. d*tv estimates that they will still have problems filling orders through this holiday season. I expect the dust to settle around january 2007

Wow...I may be waiting for another month? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)