New Directv HR54 and H44 models

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes. Regardless of the model number, Directv considers the HR34 and HR44 as equals. They will probably do the same for the H44 and HR54 models.
That's what I always have hated about DirecTV, while functionally the same, there are many cases where a HR44 might fit in a space and a HR34 won't due to the size, not to mention the performance difference.

Reactions: raoul5788
However, technically, the H44 is NOT a DVR until you make it one .... thats an interesting thought ... will they allow it to be Not considered an equal upgrade ?

Chances are we won't know till they get here.

However, technically, the H44 is NOT a DVR until you make it one .... thats an interesting thought ... will they allow it to be Not considered an equal upgrade ?

Chances are we won't know till they get here.
True, until it's publicly available we won't know for certain with the H44.

There is no need. The h44 is essentially the same as an hr44. If a customer is set to get a h44 and 3 clients but wants to add dvr service at the time of install we are telling techs to modify the order to an hr44.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

an H44 without HDD (DVR service) is just an HD box taking more tuners out SWM without a need!
How about the need to distribute a video signal to up to four more televisions?

How about the need to distribute a video signal to up to four more televisions?
if you already have DVR service and need to service 2 or more TVs, why in the world would anyone want to get an H44????? That is where the HR44 falls right in place....

if you already have DVR service and need to service 2 or more TVs, why in the world would anyone want to get an H44????? That is where the HR44 falls right in place....
Because, as I said before, maybe I don't need the extra recording capability.

DirecTV isnt going to allow that, you cannot stack a Genie and Genie Lite on one account, you can however add the hdd to a Genie Lite and add HR24s later, but if you currently have any DVRs on your account you will have a Genie installed. I believe the Genie Lite is going to be for New Customers only for the time being, or possibly for upgrades going from SD to HD w/o DVR service. That has not been confirmed. But one would believe this to be true given the facts that are out.

DirecTV isnt going to allow that, you cannot stack a Genie and Genie Lite on one account, you can however add the hdd to a Genie Lite and add HR24s later, but if you currently have any DVRs on your account you will have a Genie installed. I believe the Genie Lite is going to be for New Customers only for the time being, or possibly for upgrades going from SD to HD w/o DVR service. That has not been confirmed. But one would believe this to be true given the facts that are out.
This would be the smart way of going about it, like you said, if down the road the sub wants a DVR, you get a HD and your good to go.
I'm guessing that if you ADD a HD to a H44, you would need to have the DVR functions turned on thru D* .... you wouldn't think that it would happen automatically .... and thers also the addl. fee for that.

This would be the smart way of going about it, like you said, if down the road the sub wants a DVR, you get a HD and your good to go.
I'm guessing that if you ADD a HD to a H44, you would need to have the DVR functions turned on thru D* .... you wouldn't think that it would happen automatically .... and thers also the addl. fee for that.
Correct. And the hdd is directv specific. No 3rd party allowed that we know of

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So you are willing to pay the same for inferior service? Think about it, it just makes no sense. But bottom line is that if you already have DVR service, wether SD or HD, the H44 is not for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)