New DISH Network service

nick9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Hey all. I was looking over your site and it is really informing.

I am sitting at home waiting on the DISH Network install man to get here. I am going to be border-line on whether LOS will be an issue with 110 or 119. Is there anything I need to ask the tech about, 61.5, 1000.4, in other words what should I need? We are getting AT200 w/local. As of now we don't have an HD TV but maybe after the first of the year. We are supposed to be getting a 2Tuner DVR and a single standard box for a total of 3 hookups.

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Nick

Charlotte is an EA city. It's up to the installer. You will ether get a Dish 500 for 110 and 119, or a 1000.4. One won't get you more than the other right now. I'd still probably ask for the 1000.4 to smooth the eventual HD upgrade, but the installer would be doing nothing wrong if he gave you a Dish 500 (that may be all he has on the truck).

Just talked to the guys.

They said that it would be 500 and would be 110 119 on the roof. If we decided to HD we would put up another dish and run the cable to the LNB.

Thanks for the replies.

Nick

They just said that the roof is a nogo. One other spot to check. I asked about the 1000.4 and they said the same thing about the receiver.

They seem to be knowledgeable.

Nick

If you're thinking about HD for January, I'd suggest you look into getting an HD receiver (722 if you want an HD DVR). It will be far more expensive to get an HD receiver later, when it is free with installation. Yes, you'd have to sign up for an HD package to avoid a $7 monthly charge for having an HD receiver without subscribing to HD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)