New Dish packages too expensive

techweb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2004
Medina, OH
I dumped Dish last year when they dumped Voom but put the 722 on the shelf in case I ever come back to Dish. After looking at the new Dish package pricing it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. I'm currently paying cable about $65 a month for all SD and HD channels (except premium movie channels) and HD DVR rental. The closest approximate Dish cost that would give me all the HD channels I want would be a whopping $30 a month more. This would include: Classic Gold 200 ($58), GoldHD ($10), PlatinumHD ($10), locals ($5), DVR fee ($6), and DHPP ($6). Looks like it's time to sell the 722 and remove the dish from my house.

aaron12

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2007
Santa Rosa, CA
Lucky you that you have an affordable cable provider. If I wanted to get Comcast with 1 DVR, 1 standalone HD receiver, the basic package (channels 2-89), all the HD channels, and basic cable internet, it would cost me $169.99 per month. So screw that.

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well, for around $90, I could get all the non premium SD and HD my cable company offered. Unfortunately, "all" their national HD amounts to like 12 channels. No thanks.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I'm looking at $125/month ($140 after 6 months) for cable/phone/internet from Cox in OKC. That compares to $190/month combined for Dish/att phone/att DSL. Up to now it wasn't worth it, cuz Cox didn't have enough HD, but that's not the case any more. Got a Cox install scheduled for Friday.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
TWC would cost me $100.80 PLUS tax to get all the non-premium HD channels with 2 HD-DVRs while Dish costs $63.68 INCLUDING tax and Cinemax. Even if I switched to TurboHD Gold + Platinum, I would only be paying $83 PLUS tax. And for that, I would get a Premium Movie channel, a much better DVR, and many more HD channels. Perhaps if cable were really $65, I would consider switching, but it just doesn't make sense for me right now.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)