New Fiber to the Home in Chattanooga, TN

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
Here in Chattanooga the Electric Power Board or EPB have finally announced the pricing, features and channel line up of their new fiber optic to the home service called FI TV, FI Internet and FI Phone. Seams they have copied Verizons FIOS name a little by simply calling it FI. Their pricing is not less then Comcast here like they promised, however it is competitive and is slightly less then Comcast when you get a bundle. FI Internet standalone price for their Internet 15 service is the same as Comcast at $57.99, FI TV standalone basic service channels 2-13 mostley local broadcast is $11.99, same as Comcast. FI TV Expanded channels 2-74 is $54.99, same as Comcast, channel line up not exactly the same but similar. FI TV Essential which is similar to Comcast Digital Classic tier minus Encore channels, Flix and Sundance channel, is a little less then Comcast, $65.99 vs $70.90. To get Encore with FI TV you have to sub to minimum FI TV Essential + 1 for $86.99, which adds the Encore channels and your choice of any one premium service, HBO, Cinamax, Showtime, TMC or Starz. 'A la carte' pricing for those premiums is $13.99 each. 60 channels of HD can be added for $5.99. E* and D* are a little cheaper then the standalone prices of FI tv.

FI TV does have good regular price bundles though, for example you can bundle FI TV and Internet 15 for $105.38, which means you are adding internet for less then $40. Bigger discounts are available when you add one of the 3 tiers of phone service, 2 faster tiers of internet and or 2 larger TV tiers with 2 or 3 premium services, however the most expensive bundle is a whopping $264.02 which includes TV Essential + 3, Internet speed 50 and Phone Unlimited.

I saved the best for last, Quad DVR service is $9.99, however it has 4 tuners instead of the normal 2, which allows you to record 4 shows at once. This DVR also allows you to watch on any tv in the house with a stb, however I assume you get only 1 stb for above pricing but do not know for sure, they do not say on the website, since D* charges $5, E* charges $5 or $7 and Comcast charges $7, I suspect they will be in the same price range. I also do not know if any channels are available without a stb or not. I also do not yet know what brand they use for their DVR or other stb's.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar