New FTA service with 20 english channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But in this case no one is handing out anything.. they are just saying they might hand out something someday.

Free Beer Tomorrow.

It amazes me how some people on here bash and trash. I dont know if this upstart will start uplinking and if it doesnt at least they gave it a try and did their best. I see nothing that makes me belive they are anything but a small business trying to be a start up. As for the address, there are a lot of big companies today that got their start in a garage or basement. " APPLE" is a perfect example. For those that want to bash and trash, shame on you !! At least these people are trying to start a company and all you want to do is sit on your ass and complain. They havent ask anything from you, nada nothing and all they have done is given out information on their planning and ideas.

I agree with this post! :up

But I see that there is more than just one charlie that does not seem to want this thing to fly!!!... :eek:

I would love to see this thing fly, but they wont even answer emails about it nor do they have an uplink or any equipment or for that matter any real content. I was pushing for these guys to make it, but starting to realize that it may have just be all a joke.

But in this case no one is handing out anything..

I didn't mean that FreeDBS was giving us anything, but FTA in general. Some of us get KU channels, some C-band, some both; but all of us get a good number of channels (for free). It just seems that we (and I include myself in this) have spent an inordinate amount of time complaining about not getting the FreeDBS channels. We should all be happy with the channels that we do get, and not worried so much about the ones we don't.

i get a kick out of the people that stand in line for free sports collectible stuff, all the arguing, shoving and greed. its awesome to see a grown man push a kid out of the way. if freedbs was a pay service nobody would give a rats azz. the "free" thing makes some folks act differently. i'm still waiting. hopeful skepticism is still free also.

Here in the United States we NEED something like FreeDBS. For being the most technological advanced country we are way behind the times when it comes to satellite television.

Pick up a copy of TELE-satellite magazine and look at all the COOL receivers out there, most of them we will never see here in the USA because there is really no market for FTA satellite in the United States.

A service like FreeDBS if done corectly could propel FTA satellite ahead in a big way if it was done correctly.

If only Glorystar could get with programmers such as Me TV, This TV, RTN and a few other channels shoe good programming and get them on the same satellite or in the clear like they have done with Glorystar it would be an amazing thing (and if he does do it I propose that he calls his service "Old Glory" since all the channels will show old TV shows and Glory as a playoff of Glorystar. :D

i get a kick out of the people that stand in line for free sports collectible stuff, all the arguing, shoving and greed. its awesome to see a grown man push a kid out of the way. if freedbs was a pay service nobody would give a rats azz. the "free" thing makes some folks act differently. i'm still waiting. hopeful skepticism is still free also.

i noticed the same sentiment at the satguys christmas party. people whining about getting free stuff but not the free stuff they wanted. free is free and patience is a virtue. what have we lost if freedbs is all a big joke ??? lets stay positive and stay on topic.

crackt out,.

The press announcement will be to tell everyone how to use those almost magical "antennas" that you can buy so many places, cheap, from your Wally World to a yard sale and install them above-ground in your yard. I am gonna get one that is 36" deep, I hear that works best. A little bird told me that. Wait, it may have been some moron, not a bird, I forget which it was. Nevermind.

Mike, did you steal my joke, and then call me a moron for making it in the first place? I hope I misunderstood your post and that wasn't aimed at me. It should have been obvious from the start to someone of average intelligence I was kidding about the pools being uplink dishes. If it wasn't, it definitely should have been after someone else pointed out that the pool noodle lnbfs were a big clue that I was kidding.

Seeing is believing....Well I've been pulling for them since day one, but rather than trying to put up 20 plus channels to start they could've started with a couple and grow from there. I'd still love to see it happen but as time goes by, it does make one question whether it will happen. I'm not bashing them...just looking for a channel or two to start out...Blind

Mike, did you steal my joke, and then call me a moron for making it in the first place? I hope I misunderstood your post and that wasn't aimed at me. It should have been obvious from the start to someone of average intelligence I was kidding about the pools being uplink dishes. If it wasn't, it definitely should have been after someone else pointed out that the pool noodle lnbfs were a big clue that I was kidding.

Nope. :) I loved your observation about the dishes, but you never told us how to use them. hehehe The press announcement will tell us that, noodle-shaped LNBs and all. :D

When someone was talking about the "huge" dishes and antennas in the yard, I had to wonder when they would realize what they really were. I do have an advantage, though, I live about 15 miles south of there and travel through there regularly to see relatives. Its like someone lecturing you about what is at the end of your block that lives in Australia. :) You just have to smile, at that point, right, and say to yourself, "Mmkay." (ala Mr. Mackey) :D

Now, about them buying out Motorola.............. :)

And after 20 or 30 of these threads (one for each year) are opened and closed, then what?

A lot of us here (including me) will not have to worry about that in 20 or 30 years!!!... :eek:

Our eyesight and hearing will be gone after years and years of TV watching! Who knows what other ailments will occur with all of the electronics we play with! Look at all the magnetic fields we face, lead solder and smoke, strange new alloys, lasers, and the BUDs gathering all those alien signals and concentrating them at us. Tweaking numerous dishes and BUDs in the great outdoors has its negative effects with the ozone gone too! :shocked

This is one potentially dangerous but fun hobby!!!... ;)

I've watched the Macys slate with 0% quality many times, but nothing from FreeDBS. I think I need to use imaginary numbers...

Status
Please reply by conversation.