New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
10750 Vertical? 13850 Horizontal? What are the Start and Stop Frequencies for scan?

pg 37 we were discussing LNB LO's.
your post covers the DN fss V and H?
I would like to see a stand alone 13850 so i can just scan V.
May we see the LNB LO's you have so far?
Thanks

Last edited:
Current Supported LO Frequencies 1/1/2012

0: 950 - 2150MHz IF
5150: 3400 - 4200MHz RF
5750: 3700 - 4200
9750: 10700 - 11700
10000: 10950 - 11700
10600: 11700 - 12750
10750: 11700 - 12200
11250: 12200 - 12700
13850: 12200 - 12750
Universal: 9750 - 10600: 10700 - 11700 / 22khz ON: 11700 - 12200
Universal: 5150 - 10750: 3400 - 4200 / 22khz ON: 11700 - 12200
Stacked 5150/5750: 3400 - 4200 (scan horizontal polarity only)
Stacked 10750/10100: 11700 - 12200 (scan horizontal polarity only)
Stacked 10750 / 10175 - 11700 - 12200 (scan horizontal polarity only)

A member asked for 10750/13850, but didn't specify the parameters. Stacked or Universal? Polarity? Start Stop Frequencies? Switch point frequency?

with 13850 ocs DP, my coolsat shows 14800-16000 (blind scan settings),SR full POL all (which is what i would also need even if scanning just V).

with 13850,10750 ocs the coolsat shows 16000,11700.the rest same

With 10750,13850 ocs my coolsat shows 12900,14800.the rest same

With 13850 standard , the coolsat shows 14800,16000. the rest same

with 10750 ocs DP, the coolsat shows 11700,12750. the rest same

Since i dont fully grasp all of it, that info should put us in the ballpark cause many folks here would know which settings would be needed for the FSS lnb and newer stacked.
If you need me to, i can scan with all the settings for the results, i was just too lazy to try them all.
the coolsat was a 5000. my system is all FSS stacked lnbz, and stacked for c-band also.
heh, i must have edited this thing 6 times now. the reason for the asking is that i take some of my FSS birds and run them thru the 13v side of some of my switches. it gives me an extra bird on a switch.

Last edited:
I have a Pansat 330A that I loaded Digian 2000 firmware on that has volume level setting per channel. Think of it as the volume level going from 0 to 100. Channels scanned in default to 50. Whenever you adjust the receiver volume, it is automatically saved as a setting for the channel tuned.

So if you have three channels, you tune to the first and volume is at 50. Too low, so let's boost it to 85. Change to the second channel and volume is 50. Too LOUD, so let's reduce to 10. Change to third channel and volume is at 50. A little loud, but not so much, so let's reduce to 30. Change to first channel and volume is at 85--where we left it when last tuned. Second channel: 10. Third channel: 30.

I can imagine how an extra setting could be done in these receivers, but being that these settings would probably have to be stored along with the satellite/channel list data, firmware introducing this feature might introduce incompatibilities with current channel editing programs which would either need to be rewritten to allow for this extra data or would just throw it away and you'd have to reset all your volume levels again after a channel list update.

If the channel list is updated automatically by satellite, I can see where a user would complain, "What happened to my volume levels?!?" ;)

Hey SatelliteAV, unless I have missed the information in the forum, do we know what the offical name of the new box will be called? Will there be few levels of the box to choose from. Like, good and the best? Just asking! All looking great so far, you are doing a fine job :).

kodaz said:
with 13850 ocs DP, my coolsat shows 14800-16000 (blind scan settings),SR full POL all (which is what i would also need even if scanning just V).

with 13850,10750 ocs the coolsat shows 16000,11700.the rest same

With 10750,13850 ocs my coolsat shows 12900,14800.the rest same

With 13850 standard , the coolsat shows 14800,16000. the rest same

with 10750 ocs DP, the coolsat shows 11700,12750. the rest same

Since i dont fully grasp all of it, that info should put us in the ballpark cause many folks here would know which settings would be needed for the FSS lnb and newer stacked.
If you need me to, i can scan with all the settings for the results, i was just too lazy to try them all.
the coolsat was a 5000. my system is all FSS stacked lnbz, and stacked for c-band also.
heh, i must have edited this thing 6 times now. the reason for the asking is that i take some of my FSS birds and run them thru the 13v side of some of my switches. it gives me an extra bird on a switch.

I am sorry, but I am not following the data.

On the 13850 OCS DP setting, if you subtract the LO from the two frequencies, you will see that the receiver scans the full IF range from 950 - 2150.

On the other OSC settings the data may show that the receiver is defaulted to scan the entire IF range.

Instead of setting the default start and stop frequencies to define the band limits of the targeted service, it would seem that these settings would inefficiently scan unused frequencies and duplicate transponders.

Keystone7 said:
Hey SatelliteAV, unless I have missed the information in the forum, do we know what the offical name of the new box will be called? Will there be few levels of the box to choose from. Like, good and the best? Just asking! All looking great so far, you are doing a fine job :).

Dougrus is correct. The brand is GEOSATpro and the model is the microHD.

We have another version that we are developing for an international customer, but this is the only microHD model under development for North America. We have specifically designed the microHD to be capable of expansion on a firmware level rather than requiring our customers to buy another model.

I think that it is ridiculous that another site has now sold five different versions of the Openbox within the past eight months..... These receivers all use the same m3602 SOC???? Now one site is selling a disposible S12 with no warranty and telling people that it is a POS upfront! What is this market turning into? Selling equipment that has no licensing, FCC or valid safety certifications..... Just to make a $$$$!!!

Note that the microHD uses the new m3601 based SOC and is able to offer 1080p and support many more modulation types than the receivers based on the older m3602 chipset. Also, most of the other ALI based STBs have either 256 or 512k memory. The microHD has 1GB! This provides much better handling of functions and opportunity to increase feature sets.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I am not following the data.

On the 13850 OCS DP setting, if you subtract the LO from the two frequencies, you will see that the receiver scans the full IF range from 950 - 2150.

On the other OSC settings the data may show that the receiver is defaulted to scan the entire IF range.

Instead of setting the default start and stop frequencies to define the band limits of the targeted service, it would seem that these settings would inefficiently scan unused frequencies and duplicate transponders.

my apoligies for not understanding the data well.
i do know that many channels are duped from h to v with the fss. that is actually desirable depending on your switching.
I do not know why my coolsat gave this info for each setting. it is some default settings in the firmware. i didnt do anything except add the 13850 in where it permitted me too.
i do hope it helps some.

Thanks SatelliteAV, I do thank you for the information. I really like the 1GB memory. I know I will take at least one maybe two when they are availble.

Dougrus is correct. The brand is GEOSATpro and the model is the microHD.

We have another version that we are developing for an international customer, but this is the only microHD model under development for North America. We have specifically designed the microHD to be capable of expansion on a firmware level rather than requiring our customers to buy another model.

I think that it is ridiculous that another site has now sold five different versions of the Openbox within the past eight months..... These receivers all use the same m3602 SOC???? Now one site is selling a disposible S12 with no warranty and telling people that it is a POS upfront! What is this market turning into? Selling equipment that has no licensing, FCC or valid safety certifications..... Just to make a $$$$!!!

Note that the microHD uses the new m3601 based SOC and is able to offer 1080p and support many more modulation types than the receivers based on the older m3602 chipset. Also, most of the other ALI based STBs have either 256 or 512k memory. The microHD has 1GB! This provides much better handling of functions and opportunity to increase feature sets.

Does any other MPEG4 DVBS2 STB provide Closed Captioning? :wink:

:wink:
______ :wink:
______________ :wink:
________________________ :wink:
___________________________________ :wink:

I'm not sure about any stand alone DVBS2 receiver, though I seem to recall something about an AZ box that did, though that m
ay be my hopeful imagination.

I DO have a CNX DUO that does CC, and that's nice late at night when I want to watch something without disturbing Phottoette.

For me this is NOT a deal breaker, I want one, and as soon as you are able, please place me on "your list" of people that want to pre-order.

Photto

Well, I've searched every .PDF on the Pro Brand/Eagle Aspen website, and have been unable to find a spec sheet on the P870+ (the FSS stacked LNB found on Superdishes). I don't know where else to search...

Many of us are using these LNBs, and it would be great if an option for them was included on the microHD. If someone has the full specifications for this LNB, please post them here!

After 44 pages it is getting harder and harder to figure out everything this new receiver will be capable of.
I do have a question though. It was mentioned that flash drives have been used already in trsts and they are working fine, what about some external hard drives?
There are two I am putting out here just in case one may have been tried out:
Also what type of formatting will they need?

1)
Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive

Amazon.com: Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black): Electronics

or
2)
Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STAY2000102
Amazon.com: Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STAY2000102: Electronics

Thanks for all the answers that have been given so far. It appears this receiver is going to do a-lot that other receivers are not doing.

The AZbox does not have Closed Captioning. I am not aware of any MPEG4 DVBS2 receiver that provides CC.

Well, technically, you can get the AZBox to display CC, but in an extremely silly and roundabout way, which I discovered purely by accident! If you stream out to your computer and record the stream in VLC, and then transfer the recorded file back to the AZBox (to the Movie folder), when you play the file, CC will display (can't turn it off or on, it is always there)! LOL!

Both drives should be fine, though I am wary of drives that offer any "automatic" feature. Format may be either NTFS or FAT32. I prefer FAT32. You may find the need to use an external USB power supply as done of these drives have pretty high current draws during spin-up. If the drive has an external power cable as part of the USB cable, consider it a strong suggestion by the drive manufacturer that it might be necessary.

As with most DVRs the key to compatibility is the lack of non essential features such as automatic back-up or unique partitioning.

Last edited:
I just thought of a feature I don't recall seeing here - will the MicroHD have auto-shutoff? I love that feature in the Manhattan (the only STB I have with that feature ability) and considering that I plan on using the MicroHD in the family room, it'd be nice to know that about 30 mins after a feed goes "no signal" that the box will auto-shutoff rather than my family or me having to remember to turn off the STB if we get sidetracked and don't watch the feed all the way to goodnight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)