New HD Channels already showing up

hello the new hd channles

mcdeeee said:
When are they supposed to have the first round of HD LIL's up & running?
hello everybody that as the vip 211 and 411 the new hd channels are up and running

All channels up and holding steady with the exception of HD LIL's. According to Tech Support when I got this replacement receiver activated, current HD/Voom Sub's with MPEG4 receivers will not have to do anything tomorrow. Guess we'll see in the morning.

What's up with Gameplay? I would rather play my 360 than watch others play old PC games. Wasted bandwidth!!!! but what the hell, these guys getting paid for that? I'm in.

Thanks for the Sticky:D :D :D

Yep, I posted a bit back that Gameplay looks like a complete waste. The guide is showing some other shows later that might be interesting.

Wow, the news about current subs having to do nothing is interesting. I was told today that we would have to call in and "upgrade" to a metallic pack. Then again, I was told not till after 3am and scott was told the channels wouldn't be available until 3pm, so who knows.

HokieEngineer said:
Channels are definitely mpeg2 however are flagged in the system not to appear on older receivers. DAMN YOU DISH TO HELL.
So Dish has decided to make the new HD channels available as a "free preview" for the evening, before the new packages and prices go into affect. Everyone is still paying the old prices, but subs with mpeg4 hardware get the channels tonight. Kick us while we're down E*. What's next?

Can anyone confirm the resolution and bitrates on UNIHD and ESPN2HD? I can't do this, but my eyes are telling that UNIHD is full resolution and appears to be getting a decent bitrate. Of course, I have only seen a few things in true HD so far on UNIHD, most is upconverted (Knight Rider is on right now, but it looks pretty good)

Last edited:
HokieEngineer said:
Channels are definitely mpeg2 however are flagged in the system not to appear on older receivers. DAMN YOU DISH TO HELL.

If I see the last five words one more time, I may be driven to rent the original Planet of the Apes.:D

Here is the mux off 129 with espn2hd, universal HD, and Fox-HD LA. espn2hd is 720p, universal hd is reported to be 1920x1080i. uHD is the lowest line on that chart.

newhd.jpg

Last edited:
dont24 said:
So Dish has decided to make the new HD channels available as a "free preview" for the evening, before the new packages and prices go into affect.

It will be interesting to see if that is the case, or from tomorrow on is an HD-Pak an HD-Pak.......

NightRyder

SatinKzo said:
Can anyone confirm the resolution and bitrates on UNIHD and ESPN2HD? I can't do this, but my eyes are telling that UNIHD is full resolution and appears to be getting a decent bitrate. Of course, I have only seen a few things in true HD so far on UNIHD, most is upconverted (Knight Rider is on right now, but it looks pretty good)

Knight Rider HD or upconverted? Either way I can't wait...seriously.

Well, I don't know who produced knight rider originally (I am sure I could search and find it), but the apparently did it with some quality equipment and stored it nicely cause the current show looks great compared to what I would expect of a 1982 show.

Thanks Hokie. I guess I would assume the number to be similar off 61.5 (where I am pointed)

The trailer I saw for SLITHER on UNIHD looked pretty good. Well the picture quality did, the script looked questionable, but I like cheesy horror.

Last edited:
sence dish cant give me a freaking HDDVR in time for the new channels and want me to pay for it I think its time to move on and cancell dish. Dish is refusing to swap my 942 for a 622. They keep saying I have to pay 299 for an installation that is not needed and all it requires a swap. how about this.. how about I dont pay my bill and cancelle because there are services there not provideing.. THAT I PAY FOR, you know what f**k it.. EMAIL THE FTC ABOUT THIS AND WHILE YOUR AT IT EMAIL THEM ABOUT VOOM AND CBS IN HDLITE TOO!!!

IM HOT (just in case you cant tell) dish continues bending over there coustomers who payed 999 for a 921 and or 699 for a 942. They should get a swap out. and that's it. and it should be free of charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally.... UniversalHD off 61.5. It is muxed with Fox-HD NY. No improvement in bitrate from 129, so I'm guessing dish is passing uniHD at whatever res and bitrate they are getting it from the source as.

unihd615.jpg

PocketDish Tips

Dish Install Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts