New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've yet seen you post anything constructive Period!!!

Your massive 35 posts proves that.

I'll post where I want and When I want, you don't see me directing my comments toward you or anyone else here.

Maybe you should learn to do the same!

I kinda appreciate Hemi's passion for whatever service he has at the time.

In essence he likes them all.

Kind of how I feel. All services have some winning quality.
However, my take, is none of them are perfect.

I have two systems Dish and Direc. Neither one is really better than the other. Flip a coin.
I love the debates over which is better.

Ive had more systems until recently.
Just got rid of Uverse tv.

Excellent service but it overlapped with Dish network.

Hemi keep touting your systems!!! Thats what the forum is all about.
Plus I learn about other services I dont have.

I kinda appreciate Hemi's passion for whatever service he has at the time.

In essence he likes them all.

Kind of how I feel. All services have some winning quality.
However, my take, is none of them are perfect.

I have two systems Dish and Direc. Neither one is really better than the other. Flip a coin.
I love the debates over which is better.

Ive had more systems until recently.
Just got rid of Uverse tv.

Excellent service but it overlapped with Dish network.

Hemi keep touting your systems!!! Thats what the forum is all about.
Plus I learn about other services I dont have.
whats your opinion on how good or bad uverse is??? i'm curious.

Seriously why Is hemi allowed on this forum anymore you don't have direct anymore hence your trolling all the time now. Stop looking pathetic hemi and go to your cable company forum you aren't needed on here with your crying.

Hemi is a Pub Member and Supporter; which you aren't and by the number of posts you have made in 5 years, perhaps you are the troller; why shouldn't he be allowed to post here?

“In the next month or two will be the large one” You are embellishing. What he said was “more HD is coming” Not large, or the large, or in 2 months. Last time he said more was coming it turned out to be PPV and 3D. And one premium channel (Sony). Satelliteracer spins way too much for me whereas Sixto is accurate and doesn’t tease.

I also agree with Scott; 2 long overdue premiums do not make a festivus. Really have to go back to D11 times for a real festivus.
Satracer stated this will happen before anything Sixto shown in the uplink reports, and he was correct, as he often is

How about this?
DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q1 2011 Thread) - Page 131 - DBSTalk.Com
Those two HBO channels will launch next Wednesday barring any technical issues.

More HD coming after that...fairly soon...within weeks...again, assuming everything is ok technically.

Thanks for your patience.

Me too!

How is it!?

I had it (Uverse) for two years. Just got rid of Tv portion.
Still have internet and phone. Both excellent.

My take is its good. They have ironed out some of the kinks.
Still, it did not knock out dish network. Sole reason I got Uverse was to replace
Dish.

If you have a choice go with either dish or direc tv.
Its just better.

Both services have their pros and cons. As do competing services. Fortunately many of us have choices and ultimately that means as consumers we win.

Even though I am mostly happy with direct I envy some of the dish dvrs they have some features I would love and the menu / guide don't look like they were developed in the early 90's.

I also envy fios, uverse has potential depending on how close you are to their gear and heck many of the cable companies are stepping up with tons of hd and better dvrs. Internet options are even more plentiful and free or close to it.

This is a good time to be a consumer.

Still, it did not knock out dish network. Sole reason I got Uverse was to replace
Dish.

Its just better.
Uverse I don't think will ever be an option, I live in Verizon country.

Even at that we still don't have a Fios option.

Can't wait to see what D* does in the next year with HD. But this time it will be from the sidelines safe and sound.

I hate to see D* adding Premiums, when they should be adding base package HD channels.

Dish.

Its just better.
thanks lern. besides dish and directv i have no other good options here......................

Well I guess it's a start, hopefully some non premium channels in HD to follow :)

I've yet seen you post anything constructive Period!!!

Your massive 35 posts proves that.

I'll post where I want and When I want, you don't see me directing my comments toward you or anyone else here.

Maybe you should learn to do the same!

Hemi, you have never known me to complain about posters from either side crossing the line, and I am not with you. However, I have seen more posters following your posts to, it seems, bash D* in the past few days. I am not calling for more moderation, because I know what that leads to, just saying what I have seen. It may be equal on both sides. Even as a dish sub (as well as direct), I havent been on the dish side as much, so I may be missing it on the other side.

Or I may be totally misreading posts. It happens. ;)

I appreciate the two new HBO's in HD that will be available on 3/30, but it wasn't my first choice. DIY, E!, Style, BBCA, AMC, Fuse, GMC, Cooking, Reelz, Fox Movie Channel, TruTV, LMN, We, TCM, History International, NatGeo Wild, Investigation Discovery, Sundance and IFC would all of been better choices. We already have some HBO in HD, and some HBO Download On Demand in HD. So while any HD add is good, I think the priorities are a little out of order here.

Thing with my local cable company (Service Electric Cablevision):
pros:
More HD channels than DirecTV
Better quality (I compare FOX in HD for example on ClearQAM vs. DirecTV). ClearQAM looks sharper.
Triple play deals are actually cheaper than double play (phone+internet) + DirecTV
No Contracts
Video on Demand that plays RIGHT AWAY (No downloading!)

cons:
Crappy DVR software and small hard drives
No multiroom DVR
No remote DVR programing via web. No iphone app. No ipad app
Small provider, can't get anyone on the phone after 5 PM
Dumb all day appointments "Yeah we will be there between 9 AM and 5 PM!" GEE THANKS
No "Cutting Edge" beta test program
HD Channels are on completely different numbers. No way to hide the SD versions of the HD Channels!!!! People put the wrong channel on ALL THE TIME, because it's natural to bring up the guide, type 2, and scroll up from there.

Other than that, I'm in a DirecTV contract that would be pricey to break. I'm going to have to wait it out for awhile. However maybe some of those cons with cable can be mitigated with a third party DVR solution (Tivo, Moxi, Media Center). I do switch to the QAM tuner and watch some free on demand movies sometimes. It's crazy they don't encrypt that stuff. Can't tell you how many times I've seen The Social Network playing (in either 1080i or 480i). I can also get HSN, QVC, ION and another independant local in HD - none of which are in HD on DirecTV. Also I get Music Choice and SWRV (Music videos where you vote for what they play via web or txt msg). It's nice to have options.

Hemi, you have never known me to complain about posters from either side crossing the line, and I am not with you. However, I have seen more posters following your posts to, it seems, bash D* in the past few days. I am not calling for more moderation, because I know what that leads to, just saying what I have seen. It may be equal on both sides. Even as a dish sub (as well as direct), I havent been on the dish side as much, so I may be missing it on the other side.

Or I may be totally misreading posts. It happens. ;)
When the deserve to get bashed ,they get bashed.
I don't care if its D* or E*.

I flat out rufuse to kiss either sides A$$ for the 2 things good VS the 10 bad.

When the deserve to get bashed ,they get bashed.
I don't care if its D* or E*.

I flat out rufuse to kiss either sides A$$ for the 2 things good VS the 10 bad.

Dont misunderstand me, I have no problem with the criticism. I dont think anyone does. Those are not the posts that I am referring to.

In any case, I normally ignore it, and will from here on, just making an observation.

I have seen posting in the past that New Channel coming and nothing happens. What makes the statement that the 30th of this month any different?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)