New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

I just cannot imagine them adding these fluff channels without adding USA, SCI-FI and/or FX. They WILL lose more people than they gain if they make this move and make it obvious we have to wait until the 4th quarter for the channels people are really wanting.

I just cannot imagine them adding these fluff channels without adding USA, SCI-FI and/or FX. They WILL lose more people than they gain if they make this move and make it obvious we have to wait until the 4th quarter for the channels people are really wanting.

I have my d* order scheduled for 2-18-08 just in case.:up

Even with these channels I am going to downgrade today. I was waiting for the Jericho marathon on Universal. I missed the end of the first season.

I just want Speed HD and my RSNs in HD.

That's not the situation.

Dish would be happy to activate them - but they cannot do so legally, without a signed contract from the channels.

No one knows the situation except for Dish. They may not have a contract for any of the currently uplinked channels that are not available. The famous YES uplink over and over without it ever being available is an example of a channel uplinked but never becomming available. They could have a signed contract right now but with a start date in the future.

YES! MGMHD, I have been waiting and waiting, being a movie fan, this is great-MGM library HD movies 24 hours a day without commercials. Now I am excited. When are they making these available?

No one knows the situation except for Dish. They may not have a contract for any of the currently uplinked channels that are not available. The famous YES uplink over and over without it ever being available is an example of a channel uplinked but never becomming available. They could have a signed contract right now but with a start date in the future.

mike, I can't imagine how a provider like Dish could get the signals WITHOUT contractual agreement. Are they stealing it ? How ?
Nay, those content providers legally feed the channels to Dish.
I would take in account the legal aspects of uplinking new channels when we discuss such observations.

Okay I just called the Dish people and they said they have NO IDEA if the Chess HD channel, Chinese Climate HD channel and QVC HD channel are going to be on the Dish network. Also they said that they arent aware of any reduction in price if one was to watch QVC all the time.

Not sure of where you guys get your info but it might be wrong.

Okay I just called the Dish people and they said they have NO IDEA if the Chess HD channel, Chinese Climate HD channel and QVC HD channel are going to be on the Dish network. Also they said that they arent aware of any reduction in price if one was to watch QVC all the time.

ROFL!:D:D

OMG, this is priceless. If this doesn't give you a laugh for a Monday, NOTHING will...:D

Did you check on UWBW-HD???

Sorry Im not up on all this new fangled terminoligy like rofl and UWBW-HD.

What is UWBW-HD?

The QVC people said there are no plans to go HD. Where do you guys get your information from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)