New Hopper?

Definitely more tuners, But no monthly price increase either.
Better Joey function.
Maybe a little smaller in size.

Also an easy way to hook up a 3 or 4 Hopper system.
So I would like to see something better then a Duo node and and the DPP44 that has to be incorporated currently.
OH, I can already see it now. New 4k Hopper with up to 6 tuners and 2 ota usb tuners , new price monthly $15.00 a month. DISH loves to hike that fee where they can.

Perhaps they could integrate the DVR's to receive cell signals or bandwidth that they own for future use. That may cost too much to implement to each receiver though and may make more sense as an add on but then it would need some sort of port to allow the add on so who knows. I am sure 4K will be part of it though.

OH, I can already see it now. New 4k Hopper with up to 6 tuners and 2 ota usb tuners , new price monthly $15.00 a month. DISH loves to hike that fee where they can.
But that would be okay, then I wouldn't need a 2nd Hopper and and I could pay only $15 instead of $24.
Unless Dish follows Directv and starts charging a seperate Receiver fee on the first receiver.

Reactions: lakebum431
I would sure love to see better mirroring options as well. It's the main thing holding me back from upgrading my Vip722. I have 7 TVs scattered throughout the house and very rarely need to have something different on one of them. It's just my wife and I, so I wish there was a better way for the Hopper to mirror what's on in the living room to one of the other TVs without the additional expense and complexity of multiple Joeys.

I know it's not very likely, but I would love to see the return of a built in modulator. I know HD modulation is a pipe dream, so I would be more than happy with the SD variety. I'm not convinced that plugging my own outboard modulator into a Hopper will yield the quality and reliability of the one that's already built into my 722. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just feel like upgrading to the Hopper will cause me to lose functionality that I have with my Vip. I know I would gain a ton of new features, but this is a glaring issue that makes it difficult to pull the trigger. Our bill is too high already; installing several Joeys for TVs we may not even turn on for weeks at a time just doesn't make any sense.

The biggest problem I have with the Hopper is the fact that you can't add digital channels to the channel list when you do an OTA scan. It erases the exiting list and makes a new one. We have stations coming at us from five different directions, so this is a feature I'd definitely want added. Maybe a second OTA tuner, as well.

4K would also be great.

But that would be okay, then I wouldn't need a 2nd Hopper and and I could pay only $15 instead of $24.
Unless Dish follows Directv and starts charging a seperate Receiver fee on the first receiver.
They kind of do already. It is called the Dvr fee ,which is also $12.00 just like the 2nd hopper fee is.

OH but they would up the price for a second hopper to match that $15.00 fee. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with faster joeys and then hike the price for those to $10.00. They still make profits every quarter ,even though they continue to lose thousands and thousands of subs each quarter. That is no coincidence that the hopper and additional receiver and dvr fees have gone up a lot since 2010. Got to keep those profits flowing somehow.

Reactions: Troch77
I have a question to those saying a bigger HD. I checked last night and I have 376 shows on my DVR and it is 34% full. There is about 1/3 each of movies, 30 min shows and 1 hour shows, That tells me It would hold about a 1000 shows or 1000 hours of recordings. If you did nothing but watch TV for 16 hours a day it would take over 2 months to watch everything on a full hopper. I find the current Hopper more than adequate as far as space. How much space do you need. About the only things I would change is faster cpu and more ram to make it a bit more responsive and I would add tuners so that a super joey was not needed to have 5 tuners.

I would like to see more tuners and the use of solid-state drives (SSD) to cut chances of hard drive failures. I would take a smaller size SSD, if necessary, in the Hopper knowing that there will be a dramatically smaller chance of the Hopper hard drive failing.

Have SSD's been proven to be reliable as far as use in a DVR? I wonder if it is still space and price considerations that have kept them out of use or constant write rewrite?

Huge difference....in this instance, we've been asked to speculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey guys stop picking on me i am just wanting what i want in the next hopper i just want some new apps i like that idea of dish app store where you can choose what apps you want you guys know what apps i would like to see tunein,iheart,hulu,rdio,spotify,slacker thats about it since i listen to alot of radio and i also watch tv also using my bluetooth headphones.

Have SSD's been proven to be reliable as far as use in a DVR? I wonder if it is still space and price considerations that have kept them out of use or constant write rewrite?
There are new moving parts in SSD's so there shouldn't be any reliability issues. They are used in many 24/7 surveillance systems now. The issue would be price. SSD's are more expensive per GB than the regular SATA hard drives used currently in Hoppers.

A "whole home setting" to set timers in other rooms

I know, I am a bit lazy to just go to the room to set a timer :)

hey guys stop picking on me i am just wanting what i want in the next hopper i just want some new apps i like that idea of dish app store where you can choose what apps you want you guys know what apps i would like to see tunein,iheart,hulu,rdio,spotify,slacker thats about it since i listen to alot of radio and i also watch tv also using my bluetooth headphones.
I don't think it's picking on you, it's more of an attempt to get you to stop incessantly asking for more apps. It's well documented around here what you want and continually asking for it is starting to piss off some of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)