New Hopper?

6 tuners, 4K, faster processing, more memory, larger HDD, dual OTA tuners, ability to have integrated playlist from other Hoppers on network, unified scheduling amongst all Hoppers on network. Maybe add a "Dish App Store."
Ok this is my favorite one so far. :D

Keep them coming always fun to imagine, and who knows DISH might be listening. :D

Reactions: bwexler
6 tuners, 4K, faster processing, more memory, larger HDD, dual OTA tuners, ability to have integrated playlist from other Hoppers on network, unified scheduling amongst all Hoppers on network. Maybe add a "Dish App Store."
heck ya a app store so we can choose many apps out there.that will be greatyou know what google play where there are thousands of apps you can choose from.

God No! Just more bug beds. The Hopper is a DVR, not a smart phone.
I was thinking along the lines of allowing content providers (if them and Dish) could come to an agreement of sorts, to allow them to offer Amazon Instant Video, Google Play, AcornTV, iTunes Video/Music, Hulu, etc... "apps" to come to the Hopper platform (considering a new model could handle the processing) so that one wouldn't have to flip back and forth between Roku, AppleTv, Amazon Fire and such devices to access content. Could be totally optional at the users discretion. Another excellent suggestion would be to allow Dish subscribers to access SlingTV content for free (never happen) or at a reduced price, for when all tuners are recording or in use, and for the rare times when rain fade affects the signal.

For me, integration could be a plus or disadvantage, all depends on how it would be introduced. Better options for mirroring. An Internet explorer(similar to Xbox and PlayStation). YouTube. Streaming options such as Hulu, Netflix and any channel that Dish offers the streaming authorization for(i.e. HBOGo), wireless Joeys that allow for coax as well(one Joey for different purposes, easier inventory). Built in OTA adapter, a Master Control switch for one room to be able to control multiple rooms(I can change my sons tv channel without leaving my bedroom), inputs, pass through, obviously sling, 1080p transfer, sub folders, there's more, but that's what I'll post for now.

what if there could be a intergration of alot of different apps hulu and bunch of other like tunein and iheart radio these two got to be the two greatest radio station apps.i am getting tired of listening to siriusxm we need different choices to listen to.

A HWS with no bugs. Just fix the current Hopper first. We still cannot add a local channel. It still says coming soon.

10 or 12 tuners, 3+ TB hard drive, more apps.
Plus a microwave and a beer cooler that hands you a new cold one as soon as you finish your last one!

Don't forget the beer monkey (that brings you a beer from said beer cooler). :)

Reactions: KAB
heck ya a app store so we can choose many apps out there.that will be greatyou know what google play where there are thousands of apps you can choose from.
If apps are your game, buy and Android TV box. At some point, we'll be wailing about not enough storage and it will be your treasured apps that caused the shortage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts