New Hybrid LNB coming Dec. 10

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Just received notice that Dish will be releasing new LNBFs for Hopper installs starting December 10th. I had brought this up some time last year and it's finally happening.

What makes these so great is that they eliminate the need for a Solo or Duo Node to be installed. I'm still trying to find out more about them.

Looks like instead of Nodes there will be Hubs. They look like splitters. There is also a new Tap that works with the new LNB.

Simplifies installation by reducing the amount of cable and connectors needed. Also states that it supports future models of Dish receivers with increased performance and features.

Here's one example of an install for a Hopper and two Joeys. There would only need to be one cable from the LNB into the house and connected to the new Solo Hub. From the Hub cables would be run to the receivers.

A two Hopper install would require two cables from the LNB into the house and connected to the Duo Hub. Seems simple enough.

The Solo Hub is like a Splitter that has two ports on one side and two on the opposite side. One goes to the LNB. One goes the Hopper and the other two are for Joeys. The Hub eliminates the need for a splitter for two Joey installs. As you can see they will be getting rid of extra cable and extra connections which we all know is a good thing.

So, it sounds like each output from the new LNB will be equivalent to the "Host" port of a Duo or Solo node, and the special "splitter" is just a tap with more than one MoCA-only output. Makes sense, and is essentially the same thing as a SWM LNB as opposed to a SWM Switch in the DirecTV world.

Curious to see a wiring diagram for 1 hopper + 1 super joey + 1 joey + 1 HIC in this setup.

Reactions: TheKrell
Any new functionality? Cheaper to make? Easier to install?
Very nice!

Please, fingers crossed, better reception performance so I don't have to fight to get my Two dish setup back?! Duo's kept burning out so they said I couldn't use a DPP44 switch anymore and since/now I get rain and snow fade at the drop of a flake or drop. Where with my Two dish set up never had it. Although I have seen may here use DPP44's with Nodes quite successfully. I think it was the installer (a "Trainer" so he said").

Just received notice that Dish will be releasing new LNBFs for Hopper installs starting December 10th. I had brought this up some time last year and it's finally happening.

What makes these so great is that they eliminate the need for a Solo or Duo Node to be installed. I'm still trying to find out more about them.
Thanks Scherrman for the info.

I'm not sure about a three Hopper install.

I believe the Super Joey is just connected to the client port on the Hub. There is no need for an Integrator anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts