Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Last night BestBuy.com began offering a HR22 receiver. It is legit, not an error. The HR22 is the exact same as the HR21, except it offers a larger hard drive, 500gb. This drive offers up to 100 hours of MPEG4 HD, or 400 hours of SD.

Here is a link:
DIRECTV - HDTV Receiver with DVR - HR22

It is NOT like the R23, it does NOT have built-in BBCs. No word on the potential of a HR23 which would have the built-in BBC that self-disables for SWM.

No word yet if this receiver will be exclusive to Best Buy, but I have not heard of it appearing through any other channels yet.

Last night BestBuy.com began offering a HR22 receiver. It is legit, not an error. The HR22 is the exact same as the HR21, except it offers a larger hard drive, 500gb. This drive offers up to 100 hours of MPEG4 HD, or 400 hours of SD.

Here is a link:
DIRECTV - HDTV Receiver with DVR - HR22

It is NOT like the R23, it does NOT have built-in BBCs. No word on the potential of a HR23 which would have the built-in BBC that self-disables for SWM.

No word yet if this receiver will be exclusive to Best Buy, but I have not heard of it appearing through any other channels yet.

Best Buy is also coming out with the R22s.I have been operating an R22-100 and I believe it will change the way subscribers feel about DirecTV.The R22 is a SD receiver with the ability to record 200 hours of SD programming.It has all the features of the HRs(except HD features).30 second skip a guide with alot more information,a better skip to tick plus more features to be added.;)

The future is looking bright with DirecTV.:)

they need to come up with something that is different. D keeps making these boxes that are all pretty much the same :confused:. make something that's noticeably different,better etc. etc.

they need to come up with something that is different. D keeps making these boxes that are all pretty much the same :confused:. make something that's noticeably different,better etc. etc.

The R22's are really going to make a difference.Before you couldn't get them unless your locals were MPEG4.Now once every subscriber has an R22 they will have an SD receiver that is MPEG4 that has access to VOD,MediaShare,200 hour SD recording 30 second skip and several other upcoming features.;)

The HR22 having 400 hours of SD recording and 100 hours HD recording is a good improvement.You want DirecTV to design something different?.Just look at the back pictures of the R22-100 and the HR22.You won't see a fan in the back on these models.It's a new design that enables the DVR's to run more cool and efficient.;)

Last edited:
get this....i called up directv....the guy says it records sd and in demand only...no hd recording....he says the best buy add is wrong....u believe that ?

get this....i called up directv....the guy says it records sd and in demand only...no hd recording....he says the best buy add is wrong....u believe that ?

no i don't these people are usually lost

Yes, it is fine with AM21. It is simply an HR21 with a larger hard drive.

I thought so, but always good to check. I know there is always the eSATA slot, but I'd rather have an internal drive. Awesome! I'm looking at buying another HDTV for the bedroom in about 5 months, and getting another HDDVR. Now I'll put my HR21 in the bedroom, and get the HR22 for the living room. :)

I agree, I like the bigger drive already in the unit. The ext hdd on the HR20 has always worked for me though, just dont like that the series links are stored on the drive.

I checked today, DirecTV is selling the HR22 for $199, and the HR21 for $169.

So retail wise, the 500gb receiver is $30 more than the 320gb receiver.

Recording space is still double (remember about 50gb is reserved for D* movies-now / showcases).

I checked today, DirecTV is selling the HR22 for $199, and the HR21 for $169.

So retail wise, the 500gb receiver is $30 more than the 320gb receiver.

Recording space is still double (remember about 50gb is reserved for D* movies-now / showcases).
I checked the D* website and I only see one HD DVR listed, they don't mention model# and its $199. Where did you see the 2 seperate prices for the HR22 and HR21?

At best buy. They are the only place I've seen HR22s, although I read one person found HR22s at Costco.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts