New Receiver: HR22 w/ bigger hard drive

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Best Buy is now listing a 1-2 week delay on the HR22s and there are no stores in SoCal that have it in stock. I haven't checked at any Costcos yet, but I'd love to go with the HR22 on a new install if they have them available.

However, I can live with 50 hours of HD. Hopefully I don't even get close to filling that much up.

A question I haven't seen answered yet is - if I order service right now for DirecTV and order HD DVRs, what do I get? The HR21? Is there a way to see what they are installing right now?

However, I can live with 50 hours of HD. Hopefully I don't even get close to filling that much up.

that's what I said when I got my HR21 installed this past April.. today I only have 9% free space left!:yikes

Many HR21s have two ethernet ports too. The bottom is the connection for the HR2x, the top is an auxillary port, some people use it for slingboxes.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

And the AM21 connects through the USB port, right? I thought I saw that this one didn't have any USB ports listed in the specs. In fact, here is the USB spec from the BB page:

• USB Port -No
So is BB wrong? Or is this NOT AM21 compatible?

I'm sure BBY is wrong, it should have a USB on the back, and under the door opposite the access card.

I don't understand why they don't make thses things user upgradable like the PS3..

with just a bay that you unscrew and swapout the drive.. hell you could even have a built in flash card of some sort to store all the info and stuff to..

or better yet put some storage on the smart card and store all your settings and prioritizor to that so that you can just pop it into a new box when it breaks..

If you get the AM21, would that be 3 HD feeds that you can record? Lets say you want to record 2 shows through your DVR. Well, you can only watch another recording. You can't watch a third channel while recording two shows at once. If you got the AM21 could you record the 2 shows on the DVR and 1 show from OTA or watch a show?

If you get the AM21, would that be 3 HD feeds that you can record? Lets say you want to record 2 shows through your DVR. Well, you can only watch another recording. You can't watch a third channel while recording two shows at once. If you got the AM21 could you record the 2 shows on the DVR and 1 show from OTA or watch a show?

no. you could only record 2 things at once and watch a previous recording. nothing live. pretty much the same thing.

HR22 at Bestbuy

:rolleyes:Does anyone know what happens if you buy a new HR22 or even HR21 and do not,for what ever reason,subscribe with in the 30 day window stated by Bestbuy?

beatingadeadhorse.gif

thats you (the horse) and the guy is a D csr ;) "return,my,hr21!!!!!!"

Last edited:
your credit card gets charged a penality fee upwords of $400 or you are given an option to return the receiver back to directv

this is if they know you bought it. if you buy one let's say on ebay how would they know you have it?

i got one from ebay months ago and had it sitting in my room for 3 months then i sold it again on ebay since i never needed it. he activated the hr21 with no hassle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts