New Smart Cards

I received a new card for my 622 with a failed hard drive that I already shipped back to Dish and the replacement 622 already has one. Can I use this card if I ever activate one of my old receivers (301,811 or a 508) or is it junk?

I have read that the new smart cards are tied to specific receivers.

Thats what I am (pardon the pun) aiming to do. As I said I have the Dish now and am just waiting for the Smart card which is supposed to be here on Saturday. :)

I am confused, I have had eastern arc (61.5 and 72.7) for a week without card.
'Internal card" starts with s191. Am I going to get more channels with a purple card?

My neighbour just got her card for her single 301/311 (not sure which) receiver, it was simple, just take out the old card, plug in the new and within a few minutes everything was back to normal, there was no need to go online or call Dish.

all rcvr's will have smart cards, all replacement rcvr's will have the new card in them..all rcvr card reader's are now active as of June..if you keep getting this message then you need to call tech support and see if you had a mailing of the new G3 smartcard..if you did and did not rcv them then you need a new shipment..otherwise on day 21 your rcvr will have that message on the screen and wil not go away..

'Internal card" starts with s191. Am I going to get more channels with a purple card?

You're receiver already has the new card built in. You won't be getting a different one.

More important is that info after S19xxx number - ROM and REV !
The "S19" serie is just internal [embedded] smart card designator.

What about a receiver that's doesn't have a smart card and never been activated. I picked up a new 311 several months ago and changed my mind about using it. If I was to decide to have it activated sometime next year, would I have to call Dish to get it activated and then have a box that can only watch the Nasa Channel while Dish mails the proper card?
I somehow doubt Dish would be interested in "pre" sending a smart card for a receiver that hasn't been attached to my account yet.

If you decide to activate it, just tell them that you need a smartcard and they will send you one.

Can anyone who has changed their service address confirm that they will send the new card to your billing address? Dish is giving my DMA a spectacular screwjob but I don't want to end up without a smartcard.

Can anyone who has changed their service address confirm that they will send the new card to your billing address? Dish is giving my DMA a spectacular screwjob but I don't want to end up without a smartcard.

I would like to know this also.

What model numbers in particular are going to get new smart cards? (I have a VIP211 and a 311), some of my family and neighbors also have DN and I'm one of a few in the neighborhood who is a sometimes "tech geek".

I know that some smart cards are built into the boxes, is it like a SIM/decoder card, (like I used with D* in the mid-late 1990's) or am I going to have to unscrew the top of the receiver, unplug one thing and replace it with another?

What model numbers in particular are going to get new smart cards? (I have a VIP211 and a 311), some of my family and neighbors also have DN and I'm one of a few in the neighborhood who is a sometimes "tech geek".

I know that some smart cards are built into the boxes, is it like a SIM/decoder card, (like I used with D* in the mid-late 1990's) or am I going to have to unscrew the top of the receiver, unplug one thing and replace it with another?
It has been reported that all you will have to do is open the door on the front that has the slot and insert the card (looks like a credit card) and you will be done.

We just received a replacement 722 and it does have the new card already installed (there is a card at the very bottom on the inside of the door on the left side of the receiver.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts