New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

A couple of us asked earlier in the thread if this would apply to folks wanting to upgrade an original Hopper to a HWS, but no response or speculation on that yet. I've had the original Hopper for almost a year though. :) Any ideas?

I can look into this for you if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM with your full name, account number and pin number.

Just chatted, got a new HWS coming in tomorrow to replace the regular hopper 2000 $1 credit card hold and I was promised that I would be grandfathered into my existing fees (I hope! if not well whatever)

Got $5 credit for 6 months. This is the 4th tech visit in within 2 months! (1st was to get hopper +2 joeys,2nd was to replace a joey with a regular hopper,3rd was to install a new dish and now here comes my 4th one). :p

These are your monthly charges:
America's Top 120 49.99
DVR Service = 10.00
Hopper Receiver = 7.00
Joey Receiver = 7.00
Protection Plan = 7.00
PR Receiver Property Tax = 0.78

Total of $83.33
Less the $5 credit for 6 months, that will be $78.33 before taxes.

Good deal. Let us know if the grandfathered fees stick.

Will do, I asked the guy maybe 50 times and he told me he was aware of the increases on the 22nd and that I had nothing to worry about. We'll see I saved the transcript on the session. He told me that since I was replacing the other hopper the fees weren't being touched on my account. If I was adding the hopper now he would have to add the new fee to the account. my order is in place, maybe DIRT can confirm by looking at my account changes?

Will do, I asked the guy maybe 50 times and he told me he was aware of the increases on the 22nd and that I had nothing to worry about. We'll see I saved the transcript on the session. He told me that since I was replacing the other hopper the fees weren't being touched on my account. If I was adding the hopper now he would have to add the new fee to the account. my order is in place, maybe DIRT can confirm by looking at my account changes?

If you send me a PM with the account or phone #, I can look into what the billing will be with the upgrade.

Just chatted, got a new HWS coming in tomorrow to replace the regular hopper 2000 $1 credit card hold and I was promised that I would be grandfathered into my existing fees (I hope! if not well whatever)
Unless you got that info from DIRT, I wouldn't believe any of it. Online chat always gives out wrong info. Just be prepared to pay $5 more per month...

ZachS@dish dirt team is helping me upgrade to the hopper with sling. I have the original hopper with a sling adapter that I am upgrading. I checked a few days ago and the cost was $100. Today the cost is free. So, I can confirm that for at least myself that the orginal hopper can be upgraded to the HWS at no cost. I am looking forward to hopper transfers. YEAH.

Starting July 11th Plan A customers will be able to upgrade to the Hopper with Sling for FREE! There will still be a technician visit fee but the Upgrade fee did drop $100. The regular Hopper is still free for Plan A customers but the the fee dropped to $50 for Plan B customers. This is great news for those of you wanted to upgrade to the new Hopper system.

I'm sure many will ask how you find out what plan you are or how you become a Plan A customer. There really is no way for any of us to find out, Dish uses a certain type of formula. One of the most important things is to have your account in good standing. Make sure you have not missed any payments and that you have not upgraded recently.

One interesting thing, and worth noting here. It appears Dish uses different terminology with retailers (Plan A and Plan B customer) than it does internally. I am not at liberty to go into details, but will only say pricing depends on many variables, none of which are known to the retailer or the CSR you speak to. Some people will qualify, some will not. Ditto what Scherrman says about making payments, that will most likely affect your ranking status.

Well I do have two active accounts (my fathers and mines both in my name and on autopay). I used to have three but I cancelled it since I was barely watching TV at my apartment.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've been PMing with Ray from DIRT. I'm also eligible to upgrade from my OG Hopper to a Hopper with Sling at no charge without increasing monthly payments. This seems like a legit deal, and i'm psyched!

-d

Confirmed with Tommy. He looked at my account and no changes will be made to my grandfathered pricing after swapping an original hopper with a hopper with sling.

I'm psyched as well.

Just heard back from Zach. No install. They will ship for swapping. Also confirmed grandfathered fees stay in tact. Pretty much a no brainer as long as you don't mind the re-commitment.

Just heard back from Zach. No install. They will ship for swapping. Also confirmed grandfathered fees stay in tact. Pretty much a no brainer as long as you don't mind the re-commitment.

They're just going to ship you one so you can swap it yourself? That's odd but very nice for you.

Shipping an upgrade receiver may be possible. For the Hopper w/ Sling replacing a Hopper it is possible since they are exactly the same for installation. Much like getting a replacement receiver that's the same model.

I agree with doing it but just didn't think Dish would do it. I know KAB will swap his out no problem but there are plenty of people that manage to screw it up.

Mines will be brought by a tech tomorrow morning according to the reps. Should be a 5 minute job since I'm swapping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)