New Voom Channel: VMOV Channel 9475 Now Active (05/08/09)

bradley2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
New Voom Channel: VMOV Channel 9475 Now Active (05/08/09) WORLD CINEMA Gone!!!

New Voom Channel Movie Channel: VMOV Channel 9475 Now Active (05/08/09) at 14:40 PST, but present signal is strewn with fairly obvious sync issues (pixillation w/some minimal audio drops).

Timing is random for these anomalies, block medium to small presented in bands across the screen in random sections. Would assume it is a simple manner of tweaking.

This is a very interesting and significant event, given Dish corp announced the end of their relationship with Voom (Parent: Cablevision / Rainbow Media) just days ago.

Only time will tell

Last edited:
???? the only thing new is that the World movie channel changed its name to Voom Movie channel and that is the only thing Dish did was change the name in the guide

You're right!!! WORLD CINEMA is now absent from the line-up.

WORLD CINEMA was active when VMOV channel was present for a while, but VMOV contained no active content until now.

World Cinema was an absolutely essential channel for me out of the Voom package / line-up. I hope they haven't screwed this up?!!

Presently they're is an Italian spaghetti Western, "Sabata", in English showing.

You're right!!! WORLD CINEMA is now absent from the line-up.

WORLD CINEMA was active when VMOV channel was present for a while, but VMOV contained no active content until now.

World Cinema was an absolutely essential channel for me out of the Voom package / line-up. I hope they haven't screwed this up?!!

Presently they're is an Italian spaghetti Western, "Sabata", in English showing.

You are way behind time this happened 2 days ago......

Does the station ID still say FilmFest, or did they finally do a new one? If so, does it still pop up in the worst corner of the screen with ugly, distracting animation?

For those (like me) worried about the fate of World Cinema, FilmFest seems to be showing a lot of its programming. But MoviesHD doesn't seem that much different from FilmFest, so the whole channel launch feels pretty pointless to me.

I know about all the lawsuit crap, but when did "Dish corp announced the end of their relationship with Voom?"

As I see it, Voom and Dish need each other. I only went with Dish because of the Voom programming. Without it, DirecTV has them squarely beat. At the same time, Voom needs to become more concerned with adding new programming and keeping itself appealing if it wants Dish to treat it as an asset.

As I see it, Voom and Dish need each other. I only went with Dish because of the Voom programming. Without it, DirecTV has them squarely beat. At the same time, Voom needs to become more concerned with adding new programming and keeping itself appealing if it wants Dish to treat it as an asset.

I totally agree with you. Why would anyone keep E* if it wasn't for Voom. D* has the capacity to add many hd channels now and in the future. E* doesn't. D* has most if not all locals and national hd channels- E* doesn't. If E* would concentrate more on hd and less on legal battles they could be close at some point. If you don't like Voom then why not have D*???

^^^ Well, a lot of people, including myself, prefer E* equipment over D*. I have also been an E* subscriber for numerous years and I know that E* will catch up to D* in the HD field. Voom doesnt keep me with E*, it could go away as far as I am concerned.

Yep, was watching it the other night and was almost unwatchable!! Macro blocking real bad, checked my signal strength and it was around 60 on my 622, so wasn't a signal problem on my end!

^^^ Well, a lot of people, including myself, prefer E* equipment over D*. I have also been an E* subscriber for numerous years and I know that E* will catch up to D* in the HD field. Voom doesnt keep me with E*, it could go away as far as I am concerned.

Exactly! The VIP 622/722 beat anything Direct has in spades. No competition.:up

Voom's World Cinema was among the best movie channels on the entire Dish Network platform. It was great to be able to see some moderately good foreign films along with some of the most highly regarded foreign films because those less than highly regarded were still important films to round out any lover of foreign films. This is a sad change. Anything of great quality seems to die its quick death in our modern society.

Take a look at their lineup. Its just like Monsters HD, the same 2-3 movies for 2 days straight...just what I didn't need. But its different so it will take some time to get boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts