New Wally Receiver to Launch March 17th

I guess I'll find out, won't I? :)

It should be able to be activated on the account. The account already is a Hopper account with the 211k on it. This is merely another receiver with a new UI and is not much different than any other 211 out there. There's no MOCA, no networking, so no interactivity with anything else. If DN prevents me from adding it to the account, it's due to whatever internal stupidity reigns at the moment on their side and not some technical reason. Most likely their billing systems can't deal with it yet, but it would probably come soon enough. This happened when the tailgaters and supporting 211's originally came out, initially you could not add them to a hopper account either. Now you can and that was solved quite some time ago.

I'll be the guinea pig for $100, it's no big loss to me either way. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes.

Just for information, what kind of Hopper account do you currently have? (Original Hopper/HWS/or H3)..
Thanks, Gerry

Success!

The Wally arrived via UPS on Tuesday. I didn't have time to futz with it until today. I initially hooked it up to my western arc 1000.2 DPP. It went through it's initial set-up stuff. Got to activation screen, jumped in live chat just simply told the agent I want to add a receiver I purchased to the account. Gave them R/S #'s. Done.

Next I hooked it up to my OLD white tailgater, works. Tried new grey tailgater, works. Will try Winegard Pathway X1 roof mount on RV this up comming weekend when we go camping and report back.

6615fac3aceae35a70ee1cb2f24fc5bf.png
47718423446bff343f152e8a00215cfe.png

There it is with my entire receiver line up from the my equipment page.

Carbon UI is sexy.

Success!

The Wally arrived via UPS on Tuesday. I didn't have time to futz with it until today. I initially hooked it up to my western arc 1000.2 DPP. It went through it's initial set-up stuff. Got to activation screen, jumped in live chat just simply told the agent I want to add a receiver I purchased to the account. Gave them R/S #'s. Done.

Next I hooked it up to my OLD white tailgater, works. Tried new grey tailgater, works. Will try Winegard Pathway X1 roof mount on RV this up comming weekend when we go camping and report back.

Carbon UI is sexy.

Do you have DVR service with your 211K? If yes, does it also allow you to have DVR service on your Wally without paying another fee?

Do you have DVR service with your 211K? If yes, does it also allow you to have DVR service on your Wally without paying another fee?

We do have the DVR option enabled on the 211K. That's a good question. I could check it by hooking up the EHD to it this weekend and see what it does. If it doesn't seem to be activated, I'll ask them and see what they say. I suspect it's a per receiver activation fee though. I'll also ask if there is a way to transfer it from receiver to receiver.

I hope it eventually works with the new Hybrid LNBf Dishes. I'm looking to install an EA dish at our vacation home and I would rather have one with a future instead of a DPP dish that is the last of its kind.

I am hearing the software to support the Hybrid LNB will be out in the fall. And once its out then you can have up to 16 Wallys (for commercial accounts)

We do have the DVR option enabled on the 211K. That's a good question. I could check it by hooking up the EHD to it this weekend and see what it does. If it doesn't seem to be activated, I'll ask them and see what they say. I suspect it's a per receiver activation fee though. I'll also ask if there is a way to transfer it from receiver to receiver.
When I replaced my flaky ViP211 with a "new" ViP 211k I was able to move my EHD over and access everything without any problems, so I suspect you can move the EHD between your 211 and Wally as well.

How warm is the Wally after you've had it going for an hour or so? Does it have the mounting slots like the 4K Joey so it could be mounted on the wall behind a TV?
I am hearing the software to support the Hybrid LNB will be out in the fall.
Okay, so no Wally this summer. I'll make other plans, then...

When I paid the $40 for my 211, they told me it applied to the account and would work for all 211's on the account. So, according to what I was told, I could have a hard drive on each 211 with dvr capabilities for each. I only have one, so I can't say if they told me the truth.

When I replaced my flaky ViP211 with a "new" ViP 211k I was able to move my EHD over and access everything without any problems, so I suspect you can move the EHD between your 211 and Wally as well.

How warm is the Wally after you've had it going for an hour or so? Does it have the mounting slots like the 4K Joey so it could be mounted on the wall behind a TV?Okay, so no Wally this summer. I'll make other plans, then...

It's warm, but I wouldn't call it excessive or hot. It does have keyhole slots on one side of the bottom.

4926a6dcb5e06ced4b96658391cd9447.jpg

When I paid the $40 for my 211, they told me it applied to the account and would work for all 211's on the account. So, according to what I was told, I could have a hard drive on each 211 with dvr capabilities for each. I only have one, so I can't say if they told me the truth.

Cool! I'll certainly give it a try then. :bigok

It does have keyhole slots on one side of the bottom.
Thanks for the picture and confirming the screwed keyhole slots! I'll have to wait until next year for the Wally, but I have a 211k I can use in the meantime.

Success!

Carbon UI is sexy.
Well I didn't have the luck you did apparently.
I talk to dish today about adding a Wally , and they flat out refused to let me add one.
They said I can add another 211, but they would not budge on adding a Wally to my account.

So not sure what steps you took, but I was unsuccessful.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Hello everyone - I feel this is the best place to bring up any questions. I am planning on helping my father in law setup new service (probably take advantage of 3 year price lock, unless anyone thinks there are better programming deals for new subs). I am going to have 2 non-DVR'd boxes (presumably Wally's, that is the only non-DVR they will let you pick when using their website) and have them both installed at his residence but one of the boxes will "float" to their camper about 3 hours away (should be in same spot beam for locals... but that is another subject).

My questions -
1. There is no internet at the camper, I assume a standalone Wally will be fine?
2. I was intending on buying another dish/LNB on my own for the camper install since there is nothing there. Should I buy the 2nd Wally or lease it for $7/mth? I figure I will still pay dish monthly to use it regardless, right?
3. It seems like the Wally can still operate a single tuner DVR for the $40 fee which is great - I would like to confirm this with someone who has one.

I guess I want to do this the best way without getting anything fancy like the hopper. Should I look at getting 211's instead?

Thanks in advance!

Well I didn't have the luck you did apparently.
I talk to dish today about adding a Wally , and they flat out refused to let me add one.
They said I can add another 211, but they would not budge on adding a Wally to my account.

So not sure what steps you took, but I was unsuccessful.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
You should have just given them the R# & S# and not told them it was a Wally. That might have worked.

Hello everyone - I feel this is the best place to bring up any questions. I am planning on helping my father in law setup new service (probably take advantage of 3 year price lock, unless anyone thinks there are better programming deals for new subs). I am going to have 2 non-DVR'd boxes (presumably Wally's, that is the only non-DVR they will let you pick when using their website) and have them both installed at his residence but one of the boxes will "float" to their camper about 3 hours away (should be in same spot beam for locals... but that is another subject).

My questions -
1. There is no internet at the camper, I assume a standalone Wally will be fine?
2. I was intending on buying another dish/LNB on my own for the camper install since there is nothing there. Should I buy the 2nd Wally or lease it for $7/mth? I figure I will still pay dish monthly to use it regardless, right?
3. It seems like the Wally can still operate a single tuner DVR for the $40 fee which is great - I would like to confirm this with someone who has one.

I guess I want to do this the best way without getting anything fancy like the hopper. Should I look at getting 211's instead?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes. No VOD over Internet or checking bill.

2. Cost per month is the same either way. But you can call and deactivate your owned receiver and save a few bucks. And maybe one day sell it.

3. Yes, this has been reported here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)