Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wag 1: I've got a great idea! Let's price it at $5.6 million per season.

Wag 2: I don't know how many we'll sell at that price.

Wag 1: That's the beauty! We only need to sell one copy!

Star Trek Cameo Buzz!
Who is being eyed for Captain Pike?
by IGN Staff

August 6, 2007 - IGN has learned from a trusted source that director J.J. Abrams would like to have an A-list star cameo in his forthcoming big-screen reboot of Star Trek. According to our source -- whose scoops have always panned out in the past -- Abrams is wooing his Mission: Impossible III star Tom Cruise to cameo in Star Trek ... as Captain Christopher Pike!

Cruise's name first surfaced last fall as a possibility for a role in Trek, but Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson advised TrekMovie.com at the time, "That story is not true." There was still bad blood between Cruise and Trek studio Paramount at that time, but in recent months Sumner Redstone, the Viacom honcho who ousted Cruise, has softened his rhetoric, leaving the door open for reconciliation. A Cruise cameo in Trek, however, would be a favor to Abrams and not to Paramount.

Again, we stress that Abrams is said to only be talking to Cruise at this point; that doesn't mean Cruise will actually agree to do it. And just so you know, Cruise's camp balked at our March scoop for the comedy Men, which Variety confirmed last month. Cruise's last big-screen cameo was in Austin Powers in Goldmember.

And if you think this Cruise stuff is crazy then you don't even want to know which A-lister we were told Paramount is trying to land to play the villain!

Trekkers know that Pike was James T. Kirk's predecessor as captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise and Mr. Spock's first commanding officer. Pike was the captain in the original and unaired TV pilot, "The Cage," where he was portrayed by the late Jeffrey Hunter.

When NBC balked at the cerebral nature of the show and wanted a new, action-heavy pilot filmed, Hunter was unavailable so a new character, Captain Kirk, was created. The unaired pilot was later recycled for the two-part first season episode "The Menagerie," which saw Spock court-martialed for trying to take a disfigured Pike back to Talos IV, the setting of "The Cage." In Trek lore, Spock served with Pike for about a decade.

Cruise is currently shooting Valkyrie with director Bryan Singer, himself a Trekker who made an uncredited cameo in 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis. Hunter was 38 when he shot "The Cage"; Cruise is 45.

So, if it all comes together, what do you think of Tom Cruise playing Captain Pike? Sound off in the Comments section below!

Source: IGN

Trek's Checkov Cast
Alpha Dog actor set for Abrams' Trek.
by IGN Staff

August 8, 2007 - J.J. Abrams has picked Russian-born actor Anton Yelchin (Alpha Dog, Charlie Bartlett) to play Checkov in the new Star Trek movie, a prequel to the beloved sci-fi franchise that chronicles the early years of the USS Enterprise crew.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Yelchin is still in final negotiations to join the flick which is casting up at this moment in New York and London. Filming is expected to get underway on November 5 with a Christmas 2008 release planned.
Yelchin will join Heroes star Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy, who will both play the role of Mr. Spock in the film.
Actors to portray Kirk, Bones, Uhura, Sulu, Scotty, the film's villain and the Federation captain are still being sought. Abrams, THR says, is looking for big name actors to fill the latter two parts.
In Trek lore, Pavel Checkov is the navigator and tactical officer aboard the Enterprise. He also stands-in for Mr. Spock at the science officer station when needed. In the film series, he was promoted to lieutenant and chief of security.
Yelchin is currently filming Finding t.A.T.u., opposite Mischa Barton, and is set to star in the Susan Sarandon dramedy Middle of Nowhere.

Source: IGN

I am still trying to sort out what this movie is going be about; it says "chronicles the early years of the Enterprise crew."

So... at Starfleet Academy? They wouldn't all be there together; not all the same age.

I also wonder if they will write in Archer and co's Enterprise; not the characters but at least the history of Archer's four year voyage.

...but the protagonists of the Temporal Cold War sent the entire Human race back 150 years in technological capabilities, which is why the Kirk/Spock Enterprise looks like it was built from vacuum tubes and by people who never saw a computer smaller than a house... ;)

Yeah, it was kinda weird how the NX class ships looked more like Voyager than the Constellation class ships in TOS... ;)

Except for the round part of the front of the warp nacelle. That's the only thing that looked like TOS' enterprise. :)

What I want to know is how Starfleet had such a fashion fall-apart between the snappy military-like jumpsuits of Archer and the polyester of Kirk. ;)

I always thought they look like the kid dresses girls wore when they were in the 2nd grade. You could see their panties everytime they bent over or raised their arms up. :p

they were HOT and yeoman rand in real life turned on 24/7 the subject has come up at conventions and she admitted it in a book

ROTFL - thinking of her getting all hot and bothered just by the costume she was wearing. "Oh I can't wait to go to work today!" :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts