NextWave Navigator NCC500 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had so-so luck with this receiver, thus far. It's been kind of confusing and frustrating to use the menu and program a satellite. Let me know what your experiences are and perhaps we can help each other get the analog feeds.

Let me know what your experiences are and perhaps we can help each other get the analog feeds.

That's a deal, by the way Iceberg posted an interesting answer on analog on another thread, helped make sense out of some questions I had, but never asked about.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=81716

I'll post some pics of active Test Cards and Satellite info, just so you can test and play around with the receiver.

Maybe we can all learn something.

Good Thread by the way.

Ok here's 2 test cards on 24/7, just click on the picture all the info is there.

Attachments

• MVC-536F.JPG
    MVC-536F.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 196
  • MVC-537F.JPG
    MVC-537F.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 196
He accepted my lowball. Wahoo, I'll have an analog box again. I paid almost as much for my first HTS box w/o a remote from the thrift store.

I just had a $10 offer accepted also.

Mine got here yesterday. It is huge and heavy. I didn't get to play with it much yesterday but did tune in one feed in a matter of minutes was a bit fuzzy but I had wind and rain and a weak signal. Tomorrow there is game I want to see so it will be the real test. Last weekend I threw away my remote before I could buy the full court package let's see if it pays off tomorrow.

The first post asked about ku analog feeds.

Does this NextWave Navigator NCC500 receive ku?

It looks like the auction says it's C band but doesn't mention ku?

The first post asked about ku analog feeds.

Does this NextWave Navigator NCC500 receive ku?

It looks like the auction says it's C band but doesn't mention ku?

yes it does

This receiver features IRD (NCC500) & UHF (NCC600) remote control, digital stereo on videocipher channels, 13 preprogrammed polarity formats for C/Ku satellites, 90 satellite location memory, parental lockout on individual satellite channels, 40 favorite channel memory and internal LNBF switching.

http://www.satellitehelp.com/nextwave_index.asp

I take it back. I tried it on a news feed and I couldn't tune it in. No setting worked except it came in crystal clear if I would push any button. I pushed clear over and over again but I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working....any clues?

Also the front display doesn't function.

I've had very little luck so far, as I mentioned a couple days ago. Haven't tried anything again since Saturday as that's when most of the analog college feeds are up. I found that programming a single satellite was rather difficult and didn't find the included user's manual to be of much help either.

yeah you might have to program in a satellite

didn't know if it needed a VCRS or VC2 module to function

man i need to get mine up and running lol lol

Ice, those are the same instructions in the manual. I have one satellite programmed, I think, but a lot of times I'll get posts of feeds on certain transponders and then I'll go there or flip thru all the transponders on my programmed satellite, and I'll either get nothing or will get lucky and find one feed, but on a totally different transponder.

Ice, those are the same instructions in the manual. I have one satellite programmed, I think, but a lot of times I'll get posts of feeds on certain transponders and then I'll go there or flip thru all the transponders on my programmed satellite, and I'll either get nothing or will get lucky and find one feed, but on a totally different transponder.

Any channel setting can be set to any transpoder with the fine tuning buttons. The audio can be fined tuned too. So really really don't have to program any transpoder except for ease of use.

But that still doesn't explain why I had a rolling grey haze unless I pushed a button repeatedly, that just doesn't make any sense. Mybe I can try again after my daughter goes to bed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)