NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am late, but I am VERY excited with the coaching staff put together by my Raiders. NOW, it's time to release some fat(Ausberry, McFadden, etc) and go after a vet WR(Cobb, Maclin) and a pass rusher(Pierre-Paul, K. Williams or even Suh). The Raiders will have, more than likely, more cap space than any other team.
Been hearing rumors of Suh going that way.
I'm hoping that the Lions are not seriously considering signing him to a huge contract, that will hamstring them for years to come, they already have Megatron and Stafford with Big Bucks.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-room-attendant-kicking-game-ball-source-says

"The unapproved kicking ball that sources told "Outside the Lines" a Gillette Stadium officials' locker room attendant tried to introduce into the AFC Championship Game was handed to the man by an NFL employee"

The NFL and ESPN created the World vs the Patriots deflate-gate..despite what the Pats claim was a non-issue but no doubt was a constant distraction leading up to the SB.

At this point, a simply "sorry our bad" from the league wont cut it. Hopefully, but doubt it, the Pats due the NFL for defamation and damages and ultimately get the commissioner replaced.

Reactions: dfergie and Jimbo
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-room-attendant-kicking-game-ball-source-says

"The unapproved kicking ball that sources told "Outside the Lines" a Gillette Stadium officials' locker room attendant tried to introduce into the AFC Championship Game was handed to the man by an NFL employee"

The NFL and ESPN created the World vs the Patriots deflate-gate..despite what the Pats claim was a non-issue but no doubt was a constant distraction leading up to the SB.

At this point, a simply "sorry our bad" from the league wont cut it. Hopefully, but doubt it, the Pats due the NFL for defamation and damages and ultimately get the commissioner replaced.

Such a joke. Heard a great one on the radio this morning, "The Patriots put the Pats in Patsy."

The Patriots are the biggest swindlers in the NFL.

ESPN is reporting that the Eagles will trade LeSean McCoy to the Bills, for linebacker Kiko Alonso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently Chip Kelly feels Shady's success is due to his system, so he can plug in a cheaper RB into his spot and spend the $$ somewhere else....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why trade a top 5 running back? Makes no sense even if it is money.

Why trade a top 5 running back? Makes no sense even if it is money.

From what I have read, there was a falling out between Shady and Kelly. Which again, makes no sense and it could be a coaches ego taking over. As a fan of the crazy, out-of-nowhere trades...this was awesome!

Sounded like Shady was going to be released so the Eagles called around to see if they'd get any offers. Shady did not have a great year last year and is eating up a ton of cap. I see the Bills also picked up Cassel from the Vikings today. Ryan already has a better team in Buffalo than he did in NY.

Peyton Manning sign a new contract today. I think he's taking a 4 million pay cut.

From what I have read, there was a falling out between Shady and Kelly. Which again, makes no sense and it could be a coaches ego taking over. As a fan of the crazy, out-of-nowhere trades...this was awesome!
This is where the difference between College and Pro's show up.
In the Pro's, the players don't care what the Coach has to say, in College, they do.

So I see that the Dolphins are de facto front-runners for the service of Suh. The main reason? Let Mike Silver say it for me:

"When it comes to a contest between the Raiders and the Dolphins, Ross has ultimate ace in the hole — the absence of state income taxes in Florida. In California, the rate for the really rich is 13.3 percent."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/05/dolphins-remain-expected-frontrunners-for-suh/

I remember that there use to be a bunch of clowns here stating that this was NOT an advantage when it came to signing pro athletes in the state of Florida. Professional teams here will ALWAYS have this advantage over any team that does have state taxes because of this. That is why IF the Raiders want to win the services of Suh, they would HAVE TO over pay to compensate the difference.

So I see that the Dolphins are de facto front-runners for the service of Suh. The main reason? Let Mike Silver say it for me:

"When it comes to a contest between the Raiders and the Dolphins, Ross has ultimate ace in the hole — the absence of state income taxes in Florida. In California, the rate for the really rich is 13.3 percent."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/05/dolphins-remain-expected-frontrunners-for-suh/

I remember that there use to be a bunch of clowns here stating that this was NOT an advantage when it came to signing pro athletes in the state of Florida. Professional teams here will ALWAYS have this advantage over any team that does have state taxes because of this. That is why IF the Raiders want to win the services of Suh, they would HAVE TO over pay to compensate the difference.

This will be another mistake by the dolphins. I'm so tired of this crap. We have many holes to fill, this money should be spread out among good players, not one great. This isn't basketball!!!!

Paying a RB in today's nfl 10 million is insane and cap suicide. But, he will fit perfect in Buffalo's new ground and punt offense.

Go ahead and let the Dolphins overpay for Suh, I mean he helps but certain team will line up a throw short passes in a game and render him useless.

I love that these team make panic moves to compete with the Patriots. One day or maybe not they'll learn you need a quaterback to compete.

@RotoPat: The AFC East is a medieval village. Chaos and hope alternate amongst the subjects, but the king never leaves the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)