NFL HD vs. TNT Basketball

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Silvia2112

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
I think I am experiencing the best and worst that Directv has to offer.

NFL Network HD (Pack/Boys) is the best I have ever seen football on Directv. No pixelation at all while play is in action.

TNT (Celtics/Pathetic) is the worst coverage I have ever seen in my life. There is pixels surrounding the players. Even my wife asked me if something was wrong. TNT should be replaced with another channel. They are just taking up bandwidth.

This is on a 61" Sammy.

NFL Network HD (Pack/Boys) is the best I have ever seen football on Directv. No pixelation at all while play is in action.

TNT (Celtics/Pathetic) is the worst coverage I have ever seen in my life. There is pixels surrounding the players. Even my wife asked me if something was wrong. TNT should be replaced with another channel. They are just taking up bandwidth.

This is on a 61" Sammy.

TNT HD is just horrible... even during Men In Black it became painful to watch...

This is on a 61" Sammy.
Yeah the game on NFL hd was PERFECT. I didnt see the basketball game, sorry

NFL is in the new MPEG4 and looks great.

TNT is in the old MPEG2 - and highly compressed, thus the pixilation.

It'll get better in 1-2 years when they finally replace all the MPEG2 HD boxes in homes. It is just a cost/benefit waiting game.

Actually TNT looked especially bad last night. It wasn't just the MPEG2 artifacts. There was some major problems with TNT-HD. It actually looked better in SD.

Actually TNT looked especially bad last night. It wasn't just the MPEG2 artifacts. There was some major problems with TNT-HD. It actually looked better in SD.
Possible, Mpeg 2 can look really good if done right. Like i said i didnt see it last night, but more people than normal are talking about this so it must have been something out of the ordinary.

I'm a huge Laker fan and I couldn't watch the game in HD the quality is that bad, TNT should be replaced by NBATV network and show there Thursday games there TNT is bad for Basketball.

The game last night also looked terrible on Dish Network. The problem must be with TNT. It seems that their quality on NBA games has been rapidly going downhill.

The game last night also looked terrible on Dish Network. The problem must be with TNT. It seems that their quality on NBA games has been rapidly going downhill.

Same here with Dish Network so it must be TNT. I just changed the channel and watched my Warriors beat the Rockets in SD, it was less painful than watching TNT HD.

I have DirecTV now, apparently it has a channel 654-1 (FSN Bay Area) for game HD telecasts only. Can someone tell me when the FSN Regional Networks will all be in HD, rather than the current setup of some games being in HD on another channel ? I know some of the FSN Regionals (like FSN Detroit, FSN West) have actual simulcasts in HD, but others like FSN Bay Area doesn't even have the simulcasts yet, only some games are carried in HD. Any time line as to when all the NBA and NHL games on FSN Regional networks will all be in HD ? Is next NBA and NHL (08-09) too ambitious to hope for ??

NFL network picture was fine - audio and presentation was horrible IMO

Sound was like they put all the mics in the parking lot - not even close to CBS, FOX or even NBC's level of sound. This was with a standard 42" sony HDTV - no surround sound. The crowd and sounds during the game seem muffled. Also down and distance wasn't displayed near enough

TNT is up and down - their studio shots usually look great but I didn't see that particular C's game. In general TNT NBA is ok with me.

There must be a problem with TNT HD if the NBA is being confused with basketball.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts