NFL Network Dispute? -- Resolved

I don't think it's a deal where he is very unhappy with Dish. I think it's more that he's (as well as many others) tired of listening to all the dish apologists telling everyone that Charlie is pulling channels to save us money when, really it's more about him making more cash for himself. Dish isn't much cheaper than any other provider (within $5 for my set-up) but if we were to believe all the apologists we're saving thousands thanks to good 'ol uncle Charlie. He doesn't give two $hits about you and me and for anyone to have incredible allegiance to one tv provider over another is mind boggling. Just my $0.02 (would have been $0.03 if I was with Directv).

Yes, but he has went on and on and on about it. You made one post to vent your feelings, which is perfectly acceptable. If you are as displeased as he seems, it is time to move on or just live with it. It is what it is, Dish is going to have a dispute with about every program provider, that's just the way it is, they're not going to listen to us and their not going to change. I suspect a lot of the recent blowups have to do with negotiating carriage for SlingTV.

Reactions: ChadT41
Yes, but he has went on and on and on about it. You made one post to vent your feelings, which is perfectly acceptable. If you are as displeased as he seems, it is time to move on or just live with it. It is what it is, Dish is going to have a dispute with about every program provider, that's just the way it is, they're not going to listen to us and their not going to change. I suspect a lot of the recent blowups have to do with negotiating carriage for SlingTV.

I'm disappointed with all the disruptions and am tired of many absolving Dish from any culpability but at the end of the day it's just t.v. I did price Mediacom (TiVo set-up) and Directv. Could have saved over dish with the other providers (around $20/mo for two years with Mediacom and large savings for a year with Directv) but the superior equipment keeps me with Dish. Not any allegiance.

Reactions: AZ.
Dish isn't much cheaper than any other provider (within $5 for my set-up).

And you are wrong, and It gets tiring to see people post as fact something that isn't. You may be saving $5 but then you aren't trying or don't need to pay less. But it's easy for people who don't need 4+ receivers or must have the Hopper to save $20 -/+ every month. Most of that is fees and surcharges Directv charges that DISH DOES NOT. And once you start comparing new customer limited promos to DISH regular prices there is no way to reason with you.

And you are wrong, and It gets tiring to see people post as fact something that isn't. You may be saving $5 but then you aren't trying or don't need to pay less. But it's easy for people who don't need 4+ receivers or must have the Hopper to save $20 -/+ every month. Most of that is fees and surcharges Directv charges that DISH DOES NOT. And once you start comparing new customer limited promos to DISH regular prices there is no way to reason with you.

Sorry, not comparing promos vs regular but whatever. Fact is dish is a bit cheaper than Directv but not by much for my set-up. I don't give two craps about anybody's other set-ups. Must be nice to be so smug knowing that I can't be reasoned with because my facts don't align with yours. Not going to continue to argue as I was just explaining my situation. Again, can't believe the blind allegiance to a corporation.

I did price Mediacom (TiVo set-up) and Directv. Could have saved over dish with the other providers (around $20/mo for two years with Mediacom and large savings for a year with Directv) but the superior equipment keeps me with Dish. Not any allegiance.

Sorry, not comparing promos vs regular but whatever.

You don't see that as comparing a limited promo to DISH regular prices?

You don't see that as comparing a limited promo to DISH regular prices?

I said I could save with Mediacom (so I guess you're right in that I did quote promo for cable) for two years (longer actually but most contracts are two years so that's why I typed that) and could save big the 1st year with Directv ( 2nd year about $5/mo higher). I assume we're talking about Directv vs dish because at the end of the day I wouldn't go with Mediacom if it was free. I've freely said Directv is higher but not by much for MY set-up.

Again, the whole thing has spun out of control. And that includes my beloved Redskins - "Captain Kirk" will end up getting a contract worth over $100M! He is a talented athlete and a very fine person - but $100M+ ??? Crazy! Just my 2 cents.
And certainly not just the Red Skins making contracts like that.

I had no idea that the NFL channel was gone and it has been 10 days. If I hadn't come to Satelliteguys, I would never had known. I can't remember the last time I watched that channel.

Reactions: bobvick
I had no idea that the NFL channel was gone and it has been 10 days. If I hadn't come to Satelliteguys, I would never had known. I can't remember the last time I watched that channel.

Nor would I, only I knew was because I come here's multiple times everyday.

Again, the whole thing has spun out of control. And that includes my beloved Redskins - "Captain Kirk" will end up getting a contract worth over $100M! He is a talented athlete and a very fine person - but $100M+ ??? Crazy! Just my 2 cents.

I know considering his nickname is ripped off of two beloved pastimes; Star Trek and farting. Yes, you read that right. We all know about the William Shatner character, but you don't know (as we do in middle New England) about how a fart is referred to as a "Kirk", and an exessive farter is referred to as "Captain Kirk".

There, I hope I can be noted as the poster who jumped the shark in this thread, because there are too many posts going nowhere.

Reactions: Deadlocked

I have DirecTV with Premier and the HD Extra Pack, two HD DVRs, the HR24 and HR34 with Whole Home enabled. Using retail rates, how much would the closest equivalent with Dish cost me? I know AEP is $140 and MultiSports Pack is $13. What are the other costs? Dish does not make them clear on the website. Just curious. Thanks

$89.99+$10(movie package but only if you choose it)+$15+$7=$121.99 everyday rate. That's if I understand the premier pack.

$89.99+$10(movie package but only if you choose it)+$15+$7=$121.99 everyday rate. That's if I understand the premier pack.

No,
More like 89.99 for Top 250.
$15 HBO,
$15 Showtime
$10 Cinemax
$10 Starz
$13 Multisports pack
$15 DVR fee.
$7 joey
$174.99

That's equal to Directv Premier pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I have DirecTV with Premier and the HD Extra Pack, two HD DVRs, the HR24 and HR34 with Whole Home enabled. Using retail rates, how much would the closest equivalent with Dish cost me? I know AEP is $140 and MultiSports Pack is $13. What are the other costs? Dish does not make them clear on the website. Just curious. Thanks
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)