NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

And if you go to Oakland, and KC....you will find LOCAL writers stating the same thing.:rolleyes:

There is NO DOUBT the West is wide up and I would not be surprised that 9 wind DOES win the division. But to dismiss the two teams that imptoved the most and lose very little to none of the best core players....is just a homer that wants to make sure he gets readers. LOL!

But, hey, everyone at the start of the season is tied for 1st place.;)

Kizla is a like'em, hate'em kinda guy, and I generally dislike his articles. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

IF Denver retained Brandon Marshall and IF Elvis Dumervil didn't get hurt, I MIGHT believe that article.

The ONLY title Denver will win is 'most likeable losers.'

Drafting Tebow is testament to that- they'll have a high Q rating, but low QB ratings,

Why are you so stuck on Tebow???? He's a 2-3 year project, and Josh drafted him knowing that.
You must not be not a football fan, just a guy that gets his news from the ESPN/FOX/NFLN/football media mass hysteria of the day, and what they want to hype.....
Kyle Orton is our QB. Look at those stats from last year. And he was still learning the system. Look at preseason numbers this year.
And I don't give a crap what the QB ratings are, as long as the wins are there.

We DON'T NEED Brandon Marshall. We have a capable WR corp that will make up for him. And no off-field distractions to worry about with him gone.

Dumervil is a loss, but he's only a pass-rusher. It takes more than that to win games. And the pass rush last night didn't look too shabby against Pittsburgh.

Don't believe a word Jamie Dukes says......

If Denver wins a playoff game, I will be satisfied in how far along Josh's rebuilding project is. How far along is your Buffalo project??? :neener

BTW- Are you calling Tebow a loser?? I guess you don't follow college football too closely either.....

Oh, and you still haven't backed up this spew yet, either...
Is Denver so obsessed with character that they are willing to get rid of anyone with a semblance of talent?
Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis????

How about -
Clady, Dumervil, Bailey, Dawkins, Orton, Royal ,Gaffney, Tebow, should I go on....?

Last edited:
IF Denver retained Brandon Marshall and IF Elvis Dumervil didn't get hurt, I MIGHT believe that article.

I agree. This coupled with San Diego losing LT and the holdouts of Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil....you can see why the West is wide open.

I do not know how a writer can be optimisitic when Denver lost the best player/playmaker in Brandon Marshall and possibly one of the best defensive players on their team...and not replace the same QUALITY of player ...and expect to win?

I don't understand that thinking. Maybe it's me...

I agree. This coupled with San Diego losing LT and the holdouts of Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil....you can see why the West is wide open.
SD losing LT is a plus. He was less than useless the last two seasons, and so was Cromartie. Playing without Jackson will be problematic, but if Gates is healthy then Nanee will still get some receptions at WR. McNeil is more of a problem, but the Bolts played with many subs last season and still won 13 games.

He's a local writer out there ?

Does Woody Page still write out there ?

He usually has some bizarre stuff to talk about.

Kizla has a daily Sports OP column. Woody is still here, only does 3-4 days a week, I think. I like Woody's humor, but he can get out there sometimes with his ideas.

SD losing LT is a plus. He was less than useless the last two seasons, and so was Cromartie. Playing without Jackson will be problematic, but if Gates is healthy then Nanee will still get some receptions at WR. McNeil is more of a problem, but the Bolts played with many subs last season and still won 13 games.

I think they will miss him more than they will ever lead on. Darren Sproles did not have to carry the complete load. In this NFL, those days of having 250+ carries are hard on teams and players longevity. I think alot more teaams are going more and more for the two-headed monster attack in the running back position.
Running back with over 275+ just do not last as long as those that average about 200-250+ carries as season.

Hell, in 5 seasons, Sproles does not even have 200 carries TOTAL.

I think they will miss him more than they will ever lead on. Darren Sproles did not have to carry the complete load. In this NFL, those days of having 250+ carries are hard on teams and players longevity. I think alot more teaams are going more and more for the two-headed monster attack in the running back position.
Running back with over 275+ just do not last as long as those that average about 200-250+ carries as season.

Isn't that why they picked Ryan Matthews with the 12th pick of the draft?

Ryan Mathews.

Remember that name.

James Harrison Talks About Roughing Up Kyle Orton

“He was running his mouth and getting in the way of the train,” Harrison said. “And the train wasn’t coming off the track.”

Orton, a quarterback, was talking smack to the traditionally rough, tough, hard-hitting Steelers?

“He was popping off down there the first time they were about to score,” Harrison said, referring to the Broncos’ game-opening touchdown drive. “So you run your mouth, expect to get something. Everything’s between the lines, so he got what he had coming.”

James Harrison Talks About Kyle Orton | Steelers Lounge

Good.

Interesting how the Steelers site edited..........the quotes are not from me.

James Harrison says Kyle Orton "got what he had coming"
Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2010 1:04 PM ET

When a bank robber gets away with the money, the last thing he should do is call the bank the next day, identify himself, and say, "You're damn right I took the money."

A similar concept applies when a football player apparently gets away with a fairly blatant case of unnecessary roughness.

After recovering a fumble, which eventually was ruled not a fumble, in Sunday night's game between the Steelers and the Broncos, linebacker James Harrison encountered Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton. Orton, not cognizant of the line between bravery and lunacy, tried to tackle Harrison. So Harrison unloaded on Orton. Hard.

"He was running his mouth and getting in the way of the train," Harrison said after the game, per Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "And the train wasn't coming off the track."

If Harrison had said nothing more, we think he'd be fine. It was a rough play, but no one told Orton to get in the way of the train. But then Harrison added a sentence or two that creates the impression that he was trying to injure Orton.

"He was popping off down there the first time they were about to score," Harrison said. "So you run your mouth, expect to get something. Everything's between the lines, so he got what he had coming."

Even though Orton wasn't throwing the ball or otherwise within the protections that apply to quarterbacks, the rules prevent specific instances of unnecessary roughness. Despite the fact that no flag was thrown, Harrison's word could be enough to trigger a letter from the league office informing him that he's getting what he has coming, as in money coming out of his check.

"Orton and the Bronco's got the last laugh as they dominated the Steelers. All the Steelers did was take cheap shots and throw fits. Anyone surprised?"

"here is a very low quality video of his cheap shot in the SB. Harrison is a good player but he is a goon and a complete moron." "

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)