NFL Sunday Ticket 2014/2015 Season - Discuss Pricing/Discounts/Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just completed first year with Direct & on a whim called in tonight & asked about procedure to cancel as I've now lost all my promos & bill has doubled. Got a very nice CSR in Retentions who said she would help me to stay, although I wasn't going anywhere ;-)! This is what I got.....Premier Package with Genie & 2 clients, which I already had, for $120/mth, I think that's a credit of $42 for 12 months. She also offered ST Max for half price but I told her I really only wanted Redzone so she came back with ST Max for just 2 months payment of $40 per month making it a total of $80 for Max. She did take almost 20 minutes to get back to me so I don't know if they look at your history, including your posts here :) or the line to the manager in Retentions is really long. But this was my first try & got much better than expected results.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Got Sunday Ticket Max for 1 time $50 charge and to offset it they gave me $10/mo off for 1 year and $5/mo off for 2 years with a 1 year contract extension.

They had originally offered to offset the charge with a $100 Visa card but I close the monthly credits instead. I have been a customer for 6 years and this is the third year in a row I have received either ST Max (twice) or just Red Zone ( once ).

They had also offered me Sunday Ticket for free initially with no extension and no discounts but I wanted the Max package.

Just a thought. ...members posting here about discounts received for ST, along with other promos, should really be or become paying members to this forum. I will certainly be renewing as Satellite Guys have helped me to save hundreds of dollars over the few years I've been a member. Just saying. ....what other forums have helped you to keep so much money in your pocket?

Just a thought. ...members posting here about discounts received for ST, along with other promos, should really be or become paying members to this forum. I will certainly be renewing as Satellite Guys have helped me to save hundreds of dollars over the few years I've been a member. Just saying. ....what other forums have helped you to keep so much money in your pocket?

Being a member hasn't helped me get discounts of any kind. It's almost like Directv wants me to cancel my service.

Made my second call in today and was sent directly to retentions. Spoke with a very friendly representative and explained some of the offers I was getting from competitors in the mail. Explained that the ticket was very important to me. After some conversation I was off the phone and ST Max added to my account at no charge and no contract extension.

Just an update, the previous rep that I spoke to gave me wrong information because DirecTV cannot offer Sunday Ticket for free 2 years in a row for existing customers. So I wasn't able to access the games earlier today.
The rep did however offer me Sunday Ticket Max half off, $163 (4 payments $40.99)
Can't complain, its not a bad deal, plus I get MAX!

I was able to get through to retention and my offer was never applied to my account. They took care of it and additional $5 off for 12 months on top of the other original offer discounts.

Just an FYI, I was offered free Red Zone channel by itself....unfortunately just RedZone just wouldn't work out for me...half off wasn't a bad deal at all.

So I cancelled my cable a few weeks ago with the intention of switching or just going without. I like Direct because of the NFL ticket obviously. Is there anyway to get a better discount since the seasons already started? Any possibility to get 2 seasons free with a new sub?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)