NFL Sunday Ticket 2014/2015 Season - Discuss Pricing/Discounts/Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe your account is flagged for having to many credits in the past? Just a wild guess...

I recall another member here (lern4483 I believe) that had a similar issue and could never get the flag removed.

The only credits I've ever had on my account are the ones you get when you sign up. That was years ago.

Well, I made the call. I decided to ask and see if I could get the Redzone Channel ala carte, knowing full well that they would say no. Of course, the rep stated that you needed to have ST in order to receive that channel. I said I couldn't afford ST and asked if there might be any discounts for the package. I was told, point blank, no. I swear, there has got to be a big message that comes up on their screen when I call stating "don't give this guy anything". I'll give it another try in a few days but, at this point, I figure what's the use?
Bruin I got the same feeling when I was with Dish last year. When the Retention Rep put his supervisor on polite decline became borderline rude. Was just trying to upgrade a faulty Hopper to the newer Hopper with Sling at a time when they were actively upgrading other subscribers for free. I knew I was flagged as I was one of their subscribers who was nicely compensated for the AMC debacle.

However I was frustrated with their pq, loss of channels & now the Hopper issue so decided to switch to D* (which I've been very pleased with). One week after leaving Dish they were offering me the free upgrade, all kinds of new customer credits & offers to come back. Of course by then I saw the significant improvement in picture quality that D* had over Dish there was no way I was going back.

I guess I'm wondering why these providers give some of their subscribers a warm time when they know if they lose their business, they are the same ones coming back to woo them with offers that are more than what the subscriber was asking for in the first place. As a businessman I'm faced with this daily & most times I try to satisfy the customer with the discount requested, as it's usually a very small minority who are requesting these discounts & they usually become good promoters of your business.

Case in point, tmobile has given me thousands of dollars of credits, free phones, etc over the 12 years I've been with them. Now almost my entire family & friends are now with them. They've turned those thousands of dollars of discounts into tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales. I've seen the same results in my business.

Sorry for the long post guys, guess I just wanted to get this off my chest for awhile so I would love your comments on this. I probably should have started a new thread on this topic :).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I was able to get ST total for 30.99 a month for 6 Months I believe, they also gave me credits(like 15 for 6 months), and another $2.50 for 3 months. They gave me the ST Max upgrade for Free.

I'm not able to get a DirecTV satellite feed.

I was all set last year with a killer deal from DT to include ST at a great price. The Tech came out and evaluated my property and said, SORRY, No can do. You're neighbors trees are blocking the satellite feed.

While I wait a couple years for the poison I placed on these kill these trees to take effect (J/K !), I'm searching for alternatives to watch the NFL games.

I was fortunate last year to get Sunday Ticket On-Line for $50! Yes, $50! I bought that EA Special Madden 2014 game that had the Coupon for ST. I cost $100 last year. I don't game, so I sold the game for $50 on Craigslist. Therefore, I only paid $50 for ST! Pretty awesome deal!

Anyways, I've been unable to find ANY specials for ST for those of us that can NOT get a satellite feed.

Does anyone know of any specials for those of us in this situation ?
Just got off the phone with the Sales Rep.

They say that they are DOWN SIZING the On-Line Streaming (ie Internet) to try and build up infrastructure. The ONLY way to see if you qualify is to fill out that questionnaire on their Homepage.

So basically, you MUST be in one of the Large Market areas OR be a student at one of the LISTED Universities just to QUALIFY!

Otherwise you're SCREWED like me!

I have money to spend and DT doesn't want my $$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!

I just called in and got full ST Max plus 3 months of HBO, SHOWTIME, and CINEMAX for a total of $18. Plus renewed for one year. She also offered me a new Genie, which I will consider later.

I just called in and got full ST Max plus 3 months of HBO, SHOWTIME, and CINEMAX for a total of $18. Plus renewed for one year. She also offered me a new Genie, which I will consider later.

As in upgrading from a 34 to a 44?

The performance of our 34 has us considering leaving D* after football season.

I called three weeks ago on a Monday and was offered nothing even with my contract expiring. I am also surprised by other members on here getting the letter as I have been a customer longer. Anyways I called again today. I got a very nice lady with a sense a humor. I just inquired about my contract expiration date. She asked my I wanted to know and I said I wanted ST Max but not at $340. I played my hand by telling her free was a must for me and that as she could see I have only one discount(given as part of my upgrade to a HR24). I had intentions to tell her if they gave me it at $240 or $199 I was in. Glad I didnt she offered the 50% off Max and I took it in one payment. Glad I made one more attempt. She did also offer a new Genie but I declined. Told her my R22 and HR22 that are over 6 years old work just fine.

Reactions: meStevo
My 2 year contract with D* was ending this month. I was considering switching back to Dish, mostly for price but also for the Hopper with Sling. I called a couple weeks ago, prepared to cancel. I was connected to someone in retention. I told him I was essentially looking for new customer pricing with my base package and free ST Max. He was very helpful in finding discounts on the base package ($30/mo for 12 mo) plus 2x $5/mo discounts on my premiums for 6 months. He said there was no free offer available for ST at this time. I could get it for half price. He suggested I call back after Sept 2 when he said he was sure I could get it for free.

Jump ahead a few weeks, I called back yesterday. Again I was connected to retention with “cancel” and “disconnect” commands in the phone system. Once again I asked for free Sunday Ticket Max. This time I was given the package for ½ price $163.96, with a one- time credit of $163.96. So, basically free! No new contract.

Obviously I'm pleased with the outcome and plan to stick with D* until next year. I know I won't get it free again next year, but hopefully half price.

I ended up getting it for 50% off and then a $35 credit and then $20 off for 12 months. :D

So, since my lat call I have been waiting on this " flyer " in the mail and it hasn't come so I have called back as instructed by rep and I have tried 3 times to get through and waited 30 minutes each time on hold. Getting really annoyed! It's almost as if if you say " retention " or " cancel " they just don't answer and just wait you out. Nice.

So, since my lat call I have been waiting on this " flyer " in the mail and it hasn't come so I have called back as instructed by rep and I have tried 3 times to get through and waited 30 minutes each time on hold. Getting really annoyed! It's almost as if if you say " retention " or " cancel " they just don't answer and just wait you out. Nice.
Update: Was just offered sports pack for free for a couple months or movie channels! Wow! Retention won't even answer my call. I am about to cancel for real and I have been a customer since 1999!

Wow! Retention won't even answer my call.
Retention is probably swamped with many calls today due to the Raycom Media locals dispute affecting over 50 local stations nationwide. Many are probably calling for rebates/discounts or canceling entirely.

Maybe try later in the day their staffed until 1AM ET/10PM PT

Called again today. Got offered nothing once again. I would really like to know what I've done to get treated like this. Unbelievable. I will not be making another call. I'm done.

I didn't get much I don't think... we're a Premier sub so I think that is somewhat limiting, and I wasn't feeling too pushy after over an hour on hold... got $30/mo off my both of my accounts ($10 and $20 credits) for the next year and $10/mo off of NFLST.

No mention of commitment extensions. Couldn't order me an HR44 (didn't expect them to be able to), will call protection plan to schedule a service call for my crappy HR34 and roll the dice with a replacement before considering buying an HR44. After missing 25 minutes of the opening game of the NFL season due to it rebooting on it's own twice (never done that before) something's gotta give there.

I'm not one to play CSR roulette, but I might call back tomorrow, we're debating on dropping ST.

Used the Chat to contact Directv. I was polite and told the rep that I was missing one of my networks due to the Raycom dispute. I was offered ST Max for 1/2 price. Considering I am still under contract I wasn't about to push it. Got it for free last year as a new sub. 1/2 price this year. Two years for an average of $82 per year. Not too bad IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.