NHL 2007-08 Season

I guess six years without Detroit in the Cup Finals was long enough...

At least the Original Six will likely play for Lord Stanley's Cup.

I guess six years without Detroit in the Cup Finals was long enough...

At least the Original Six will likely play for Lord Stanley's Cup.

The Original six will not play for the Stanley Cup.
Detroit may.

Neither Philly or Pittsburgh are Original six teams.

The Original Six teams are:

* Montreal Canadiens (Founded 1909, charter member of NHL in 1917)
* Toronto Maple Leafs (original Toronto franchise was charter member in 1917, and was renamed Maple Leafs in 1927)
* Boston Bruins (Founded 1924)
* New York Rangers (Founded 1925)
* Detroit Red Wings (Founded 1926)
* Chicago Blackhawks (Founded 1926, known as the "Black Hawks" throughout the period)

Jimbo

Since my Sabres didn't make the playoffs,

I have to root for someone to win the Cup.

In this case, the team I'd like to see win it all is Pittsburgh.

I even made this creation courtesy of the Paint feature on my computer:

pittsburghpenguins2005pld8.png

What do you think?

I would love a Penguins/Wings Cup series. I pick the Wings in 6 in that one however. But Pitt has shown then can play defense as well as offense.

Are we looking at two sweeps in the Conference Finals?
The way Detroit has been playing, I thought a sweep was possible going into the Dallas series. I think the series will be closed-out Wednesday evening. On the flip side, I think Philly is going to win at least a couple games against Pittsburgh before all is said and done.

Dallas has nothing to play for but pride, now. That won't be enough, Wings will probably sweep. Some body said that the Wings won the President's Cup because they played in hockey's weakest division. See that the only teams to play the Wings hard this year were in their division, what does that say about the pretenders from the other divisions of the Western Conference? Dallas beats San Jose, and the NHL champs, Anahiem, yet they going down like Colorado, without a fight. (Ok, they've been doing their share of fighting). Everybody thought the Wings were "soft", yet they are winning their games by being more physical than everyone they've played. It's our year, plain and simple.

Didn't see the pic before (posting from my Mogul). Is that Megan Fox? Her boobs look small based on what I saw in the backroom. Is that a tat or Marilyn Monroe on her arm?

Both the girl and the hockey players have some similarities:

Young, in the prime of their careers, and bright futures ahead of them.

BTW, here's another pic:

pensqr5.png

For some reason, I think Sid the Kid has a brighter future, but I'm sure we'll see her in playboy in a few years.

Didn't see the pic before (posting from my Mogul). Is that Megan Fox? Her boobs look small based on what I saw in the backroom. Is that a tat or Marilyn Monroe on her arm?

Megan Fox seems to have control over the transformer in my shorts - :shocked.

Oh, and go Pens! :tux:

Dallas gets thier Win ???

Dallas beats the Red Wings with plenty of help.

2nd period, the Wings finally get a Power Play after 3-4 straight for the Stars.
Still no score, Dallas is playing as well as they can, Wings playing OK, I thought the game was pretty good at this point despite Dallas getting all the breaks to that point.

Wings PP, They move the puck around very well and SCORE , Wings lead 1-0 middle of 2nd, normally in the playoffs the 1st goal is HUGE.

The suddenly, the officials call off the goal, saying that a player (Thomas Holstrom) was in the crease, ( for those that don't know, a player cannot intentionally be in the blue shaded area when a goal is scored)

Replay has been used on goals for years now.
They go up to replay and Holstrom is clearly NOT in the crease when the puck enters the area.
Clearly should have been a goal, officials wave it off.

Dallas scores shortly after that when thier player IS CLEARLY in the crease and the officials don't call it that way and let it stand.

Home cooking is great isn't it.

I predict Detroit may destroy them in the next game.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080515/SPORTS0103/805150339/1004

Jimbo

Last edited:
At least the Stars avoided a sweep. I'm a huge Stars fan, but I don't see them winning game 5. :(

It's silly that they can't review that goal. If it was called a goal, they can review it, but the opposite is not possible. They should change that rule - now. Why not, they have changed the rules once this playoffs all ready. (The Sean Avery incident). I've always thought that the NHL's rules and officiating to be the worst of the four major sports. Interpretation of the rules and penalties have changed depending on how much time is left in a game, different tolerances for the playoffs from the regular season, etc... Like my friend says "They're not rules, they're suggestions."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts