NHL 2007-08 Season

It's silly that they can't review that goal. If it was called a goal, they can review it, but the opposite is not possible. They should change that rule - now. Why not, they have changed the rules once this playoffs all ready. (The Sean Avery incident). I've always thought that the NHL's rules and officiating to be the worst of the four major sports. Interpretation of the rules and penalties have changed depending on how much time is left in a game, different tolerances for the playoffs from the regular season, etc... Like my friend says "They're not rules, they're suggestions."

At least if they think it's a goal, they can check to verify,I didn't agree with the No Goal late night either an think it changed the progression of the game.

That said, at least they DO use the Instant Replay in most cases.

Better than the NBA (Pistons and Billups) and the crazy MLB .

No word about the Stars goal that they scored while thier guy was clearly IN the crease ?

Jimbo

Who is this announcer on NBC that keeps saying that the Red Wings are playing nervous and feel fear on the bench ?
Where does he come up with these things ?

He's said this the whole game, weather the game was tied or the Wings trail ?

I love the once sided commentators, they definatly are hoping the Stars win.
Unfortunatly I cannot get a digital feed of CBC, the analog version looks too bad to watch.

Does this guy REALLY think that the Wings feel nervous, being up 3-1 in the series and only trailing by 1 goal, I could see if they were down 4-1 ....

Jimbo

Any Red Wing fans getting a bit nervous?

They have blown TWO prime opportunities to close out a Dallas team full of geezers.

Kind of a flip-flop of the Dallas/San Jose series.

They have blown TWO prime opportunities to close out a Dallas team full of geezers.

Yes, a little bit. Stars have looked like a different team the past couple of games. The Wings desperately need Franzen back in the lineup, because only their first line is consistently playing well offensively.

Nervous, NO. Not at all.

It's not like they were blown out.
2-1 game hardly a reason to be nervous.
As Killer said, it would be nice to get our top scorer back, even then I doubt he'll be on the same roll he was on when he left.

Since when is Dallas a team of Geeezers ?
Thats usually what they are saying about the Wings.

Dallas is finally playing like the team they should have been in the begining.

This is a very good series , as expected ....

IF you want , you can go back and check my post stating that I thought the Wings would win in 6 or 7 games.

Jimbo

The Wings need Franzen back, Dallas is keying on the first line. We out shot them yesterday, but Turrco had a great afternoon. No worries here, this will end in game 6.

:rolleyes: I think Wings fans need to be more nervous about what's coming in the finals :tux: Pens in 6

More nervous ???

What is it about fans being nervous ?
Why would Detroit fans be nervous about the Pens, they are not even IN the Stanley Cup Finals yet.

If Dallas wins this series, it will be because Dallas has turned around thier playoff series, they are playing Extremely well since game 3, much better than they were coming into the series.
This is the type of series I've come to expect from a Stars / Wings series .

Don't forget, Detroit lost it's leading scorer part way into the series.

Lets take Crosby and or Malkin out of the Pens lineup and see how sure you are about the Pens chances.

Tonight Zetterberg and Datsuk need to carry the team.
Ozzie has been solid all series long.

Jimbo

Got to agree with Jimbo here. The Wings need to handle the matter at hand first. Looking ahead gave them 2 more games to play then they needed already. (Games #5 and #6).

Did the Flyers throw the series so they wouldn't have to play Detroit or Dallas?:rolleyes:

You seem to be one of the few people who don't think that the Penguins threw the final game, so they could have any easier opponent. Seriously, I know people who work for the AHL Penguins who agree.

Even though the Penguins out played the Flyers for most of the games ... It would be nice if the Refs call the games both ways. It seems like they protect Malkin and Crosby a little to much. They Flyers were called everytime they touched a Penguin. The outcome of 2 or 3 of those games would have been different If they would have let them play. Hell If the Penguins want to play no check hockey They can play where I play.

But, it is over and I tried not to post during the series because the calls were plain pissing me off and I didn't want to vent here. The Penguins were the better team. Like I said before I wish them all the worst of luck in the next round.

You seem to be one of the few people who don't think that the Penguins threw the final game, so they could have any easier opponent. Seriously, I know people who work for the AHL Penguins who agree.

Even though the Penguins out played the Flyers for most of the games ... It would be nice if the Refs call the games both ways. It seems like they protect Malkin and Crosby a little to much. They Flyers were called everytime they touched a Penguin. The outcome of 2 or 3 of those games would have been different If they would have let them play. Hell If the Penguins want to play no check hockey They can play where I play.

But, it is over and I tried not to post during the series because the calls were plain pissing me off and I didn't want to vent here. The Penguins were the better team. Like I said before I wish them all the worst of luck in the next round.

I hope the Pen's are not afraid to play physical because either Detroit or Dallas will hit you whenever possible, If Detroit makes it, they better be looking out for Kronwall, he's the closest I've seen to Vlady since .... Vlady !

Jimbo

Yeah I know what you mean by calling it both ways...Game 5 Flyers 42 Power Plays to Pens 1! That was the most lopsided officiating I have seen in a long time. Granted the Pens played like s#@# and deserved to lose, but you have to admit that there were as many soft calls in the Flyers' favor in that game as there was the other way the whole series. Either way, not to worry Philly fans, this is going to be a great rivalry between two great teams for many years to come.

Yeah I know what you mean by calling it both ways...Game 5 Flyers 42 Power Plays to Pens 1! That was the most lopsided officiating I have seen in a long time. Granted the Pens played like s#@# and deserved to lose, but you have to admit that there were as many soft calls in the Flyers' favor in that game as there was the other way the whole series. Either way, not to worry Philly fans, this is going to be a great rivalry between two great teams for many years to come.

Say what ???

A quick look at the penalty list shows 5 for the Flyers and 5 for the Pens, all 2 minute minors.
Of course the timing also plays alot into the game flow.

ESPN - NHL - National Hockey League

Jimbo

The NHL gets its dream Finals, while the NBA is closer to the ultimate nightmare.

OTOH, if Penguins/Red Wings goes up against Spurs/Pistons, then maybe the NHL could truly reap the benefits...

I hope the Pen's are not afraid to play physical because either Detroit or Dallas will hit you whenever possible, If Detroit makes it, they better be looking out for Kronwall, he's the closest I've seen to Vlady since .... Vlady !

Jimbo

They're not afraid to play physical. IMO it will be a very good series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)