NHL 2008-09 Season

This going to be a brutal road trip for my Wings.
Yep, it's a long season and every team is going to skate some bad games...however, I like the way the Wings have been playing the past month. I think it's going to be Boston/Montreal matchup in the Eastern Finals and a San Jose/Detroit matchup in the Western Finals...with Detoit battling Boston for the Stanley Cup.

We shall see...

Man my Pens suck this year, something has to change, either a big trade for some other players, I heard Stall for Nash, or a coaching change.

Something has to be done, Sid don't have a good winger on this team, Hossa showed how good the team could be if Sid had a good winger, but this coach is just terrible, he doesn't leave lines alone and I hate it when he puts Sid and Malkin on the same line.

Plus Gonchar is close to coming back, that will help not only the D, but this pitiful powerplay, hell he'll help every aspect of the game, but Sid still needs a great winger.

BTW....the signing of Satan was terrible, he needs to go.

I'm right there with you man! At least the were able to beat up on Philly last night! I'm watching the Pens/Caps right now. Doesn't look good. They have the talent, but their play is so erratic. I agree that the Therrien constant line change thing is getting a bit annoying.

I don't think that Staal is going anywhere. Didn't they just sign him to a four year $16M contract with a no-trade clause?

I think that Detroit will have roasted duck for supper tonight.

The Ducks are indeed just going thru the motions now. Any team still searching for its identity in mid-January is already out-the-door come playoff time. I wasn't expecting much out of them this season, but I didn't expect them to play this lost!

Oh well...time to gear up for Spring Training!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm right there with you man! At least the were able to beat up on Philly last night! I'm watching the Pens/Caps right now. Doesn't look good. They have the talent, but their play is so erratic. I agree that the Therrien constant line change thing is getting a bit annoying.

I don't think that Staal is going anywhere. Didn't they just sign him to a four year $16M contract with a no-trade clause?

I never heard anything about a no-trade clause, I don't think he has that.

The Bruins are playing the Islanders tonight on Long Island.

Watch, the team with 28 points will beat the team with 68 points. These are the games I HATE!!!!

B's win 2-1.

You need to brush up on your predictions, buddy. ;)

Will do, Nostradamus ;)
laughing.gif

Conklin gets his 5th shutout of the year last night, on the road, for the RED WINGS. What was Pittsburgh thinking when they let this guy get away?

Paul, in their own way, both Conklin and Hossa have really helped us a lot this year. As every year goes by I have increased respect for Ken Holland and his ability to fill vacancies with the right people.

Paul, in their own way, both Conklin and Hossa have really helped us a lot this year. As every year goes by I have increased respect for Ken Holland and his ability to fill vacancies with the right people.
Absolutely...and Ken Holland and crew have made is such as well run machine that free agents are willing to forfeit salary for an opportunity to play on the team.

Absolutely...and Ken Holland and crew have made is such as well run machine that free agents are willing to forfeit salary for an opportunity to play on the team.

I can't say enough about this guy. SabresRules wondered when our run would end, maybe it's when Holland retires. I hope he's young!

Into the Shark-tank tonight. I hope I have enough gas in the tank left to stay up to watch this. I'm sure these guys are remembering the 6-0 beat-down they took from us not long ago.

GO RED WINGS!

I can't say enough about this guy. SabresRules wondered when our run would end, maybe it's when Holland retires. I hope he's young!

Into the Shark-tank tonight. I hope I have enough gas in the tank left to stay up to watch this. I'm sure these guys are remembering the 6-0 beat-down they took from us not long ago.

GO RED WINGS!
For the life of me, I can't figure out why this game isn't being nationally televised. Ugh! Watching this game would have been a perfect end to a Saturday evening.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3838848&name=lebrun_pierre"]Moved Temporarily[/ame]

One point.

That is all that separates the Sharks and Red Wings before the clash of the titans Saturday night in San Jose.

"We've been looking at the standings all season long, knowing that they've been atop our conference and they've been the team to beat this year," Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom told ESPN.com Friday. "It's a game we're looking forward to playing. It's a bit of a measuring stick for our team to go up against the top team."

That was Lidstrom's understated way of saying: We want to kick some butt Saturday night.

While there's a ton of respect between the two teams, the feeling expressed by Lidstrom is mutual.

"Tomorrow night, I think you've got the two elite teams in the NHL going against each other," Sharks star Joe Thornton told ESPN.com on Friday. "They're the defending Stanley Cup champions. They're one point behind us. And there's a lot of motivation for us after getting spanked in Detroit."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3838848&name=lebrun_pierre"]Moved Temporarily[/ame]