NHL Center ICE and know nothing CSRs

I was on auto renew with Dish NHLCI for a few years and then last year with the lock out I decided to try NHL GameCenter Live streaming through my Roku. I could not have been more satisfied with the quality of the broadcasts, both home and away. Auto renewed this year again and I believe their early bird price was $149.99.
https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup
This is similar to my experience, though I moved to GCL in '11-'12.

Now that I have a HWS I'm contemplating moving back over to Center Ice. The reason for this post is my big question: have they upped the number of HD broadcasts compared to where they were three+ seasons ago? Back in the day, there were only a handful of HD broadcasts out of the 40 or so games shown each week, and it was bad enough that I went to the online product. Is it safe for me to move back to the satellite product instead?

Thanks in advance for a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Hello fellow satelliteguys readers. I'm a bit surprised to not see any answers to my questions in the note above. Would any folks with familiarity with Center Ice care to let me know about the current experience? I'd certainly appreciate it!

Hello fellow satelliteguys readers. I'm a bit surprised to not see any answers to my questions in the note above. Would any folks with familiarity with Center Ice care to let me know about the current experience? I'd certainly appreciate it!

If you want to watch a game that is broadcast via MSG, Comcast Philly, or TSN/CBC, then you will not see it in HD. And in the case of MSG, it will be in a really crappy SD version.

In this day and age, the NHL should mandate that all games be offered in HD regardless of whether or not the satellite or cable provider has a retrans agreement with the RSN.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)