NHL Center Ice. More Games in HD through Dish or Directv?

How true I have a friend who lives in KY he was born in Detroit and he used to go to Columbus to see the Wings play the Jackets but he decided that it was more cost affective to buy the CI package.
Any news on this year's price?

If it is like past years, it will probably be another $10-20 increase.

it would be nice to get MSG and FSNY in HD, hopefully the rest of the FSN-HD regionals going 100% soon will help seeing more Devils, Islanders and Ranger games in HD for CI.

It comes with the NHL Center Ice Package. If you don't want the Center Ice package, you have to order the platinum pack. But come August 1st, platinum should be free and be added to the basic HD package (see other threads about that).

Hockey fans will want Platinum (if it still exists after 8/1) to get Versus (games generally on Mondays and Tuesdays). If your team is playing on Versus, I don't believe the game is available on CI...

Hockey fans will want Platinum (if it still exists after 8/1) to get Versus (games generally on Mondays and Tuesdays). If your team is playing on Versus, I don't believe the game is available on CI...
Versus is in either TurboHD Gold, or Classic Gold + HD, not the Platinum pack.

I know this much for the Buffalo games on Versus; when the Sabres were on Versus last season, they were radio only games in the Buffalo market, so there was no additional feed available on NHLCI.

it would be nice to get MSG and FSNY in HD, hopefully the rest of the FSN-HD regionals going 100% soon will help seeing more Devils, Islanders and Ranger games in HD for CI.

You would think Cablevision would have MSG & MSG+ available in HD for out of market customers,which would force in-market customers to have cablevision if they wanted to watch their favorite local team in HD.

I am an Islanders fan,I'm out of market so no HD but if someday I moved to New York all I would have to do is bring my DTV and change my address and never have to use Cablevision at all.

I know this much for the Buffalo games on Versus; when the Sabres were on Versus last season, they were radio only games in the Buffalo market, so there was no additional feed available on NHLCI.
National broadcasts have broadcast priority over NHL CI feeds of games because they pay for exclusive broadcast rights for national games. So if a game is on NBC, Versus, or the NHL Network you will not be able to watch it on the Center Ice channels.

Being a Wing's fan not living in the Detroit area, the CI Package is the only reason I'm with Dish. If I went to Fios, I wouldn't get nearly as much HD Wing's game.

MSG: They are owned by Cablevision Systems. When pigs fly, their HD feeds will end up on satellite. It's used as competitive leverage for Cablevision. (MSNBC is also exclusive to Cablevision in its areas, so cable competitors serving Cablevision areas cannot carry MSNBC.)

Flyers problems: CSN Philly will come when pigs fly. It's "hiding behind a PRISM" (or 33-year-old microwave infrastructure) due to the terrestrial loophole. Even if the FCC investigates, it might be a while. I do want to see it come to an end, though.

If it is like past years, it will probably be another $10-20 increase.

I just got my NHL Center Ice renewal notice the new price $163.80 early bird price $40.95 in four installments.
Where do they come up with these amounts? $163.80 what a strange amount you would think that they would round up.

If it is a pissing match it is between MSG and Dishnetwork, because in my own backyard (Western NY), if I sub to Digitial TWC or Directv, I will receive the Buffalo Sabres Games on MSG-Buffalo in HD. Subscribe to Dishnetwork or FIOS and you will recieve MSG-Buffalo in SD only.

Furthermore, if I sub to Digitial TWC I will receive not only MSG-Buffalo-HD, but aslo MSG-HD and MSG+-HD, however the live broadcast of those hockey games on the those stations will be blacked out due to territorial rights of the Buffalo Sabres. The rebroadcast of those games at the overnight hours and/or the following day, will be available in HD, to TWC Digitial Cable Subs.

On Time Warner, 90% of the time when the Sabres are playing, they put the Sabres on the SD channel in place of the other games, but they either forget or neglect to black out the MSG HD channel. I've caught quite a few Rangers games this way (not that I really care about them).

When they were on VS, the games were also on VS in the Buffalo market. Of course, I still wish VS took none of our games, I can't stand "DRIVE" and the Crosbyfest that are their announcers.

MSG: They are owned by Cablevision Systems. When pigs fly, their HD feeds will end up on satellite. It's used as competitive leverage for Cablevision. (MSNBC is also exclusive to Cablevision in its areas, so cable competitors serving Cablevision areas cannot carry MSNBC.)

Flyers problems: CSN Philly will come when pigs fly. It's "hiding behind a PRISM" (or 33-year-old microwave infrastructure) due to the terrestrial loophole. Even if the FCC investigates, it might be a while. I do want to see it come to an end, though.

Raymie,

In our local Monday Paper it was announced MSG is to be spun off from Cablevision as a wholly self owned entity by years end.

I hope this means Dish will be able to get a retransmission for the MSG HD feeds. As now Cablevision was/is the owner the Voom suite of channels. Since Dish and Cablevision are in litigation MSG HD feeds will not be coming to Dish until the disagreement is settled, unless MSG is a seperate entity.

John

I just got my NHL Center Ice renewal notice the new price $163.80 early bird price $40.95 in four installments.
Where do they come up with these amounts? $163.80 what a strange amount you would think that they would round up.

Got my letter yesterday in the mail also......does anyone remember what the early bird price was last year ?? I thought it was around $140 or something like that.

Got my letter yesterday in the mail also......does anyone remember what the early bird price was last year ?? I thought it was around $140 or something like that.

I thought it was $159 for the early bird special and $169 for the regular season, but I could be wrong...

I was born/raised in the Detroit area. I don't bail on my team because I move out of the area. I'll always be a Wing's fan regardless of where i lay my head.

Me, too. They are the greatest hockey franchise in the world today. They may not always have the best team (2nd best last year), but they have the classiest organization.

BTW, you mentioned Fios in a prior post. I had thought about going that way too, but found they had only one HD channel per night dedicated to the CI package. And they indicated they had no forseeable plans to increase that...:mad:

Me, too. They are the greatest hockey franchise in the world today. They may not always have the best team (2nd best last year), but they have the classiest organization.

BTW, you mentioned Fios in a prior post. I had thought about going that way too, but found they had only one HD channel per night dedicated to the CI package. And they indicated they had no forseeable plans to increase that...:mad:

Yea I can't live with not having most Wing's games in HD. So I can't ditch the dish just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)