NHL Network HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
October 27, 2007
DirecTV Adds NHL Network HD

DirecTV keeps its promise to add the National Hockey League's 24/7 channel by the end of October.

By Shirley Brady

DirecTV has added the NHL Network, keeping its promise to add the National Hockey League's 24/7 channel by the end of this month.

This also marks the 2nd launch of the NHL Network SatelliteGuys.US south of the border — it originates in Canada — following Dish Network's Oct. 18 launch of the high-def hockey net.

The NHL Network HD went live on DirecTV's channel 215, we heard from hockey fans, yesterday. A DirecTV rep confirmed the addition, although its website hasn't been updated to reflect the new channel. Big Ten Network is close by, on DirecTV channel 220.

October 27, 2007
DirecTV Adds NHL Network HD

DirecTV keeps its promise to add the National Hockey League's 24/7 channel by the end of October.

By Shirley Brady

DirecTV has added the NHL Network, keeping its promise to add the National Hockey League's 24/7 channel by the end of this month.

This also marks the 2nd launch of the NHL Network SatelliteGuys.US south of the border — it originates in Canada — following Dish Network's Oct. 18 launch of the high-def hockey net.

The NHL Network HD went live on DirecTV's channel 215, we heard from hockey fans, yesterday. A DirecTV rep confirmed the addition, although its website hasn't been updated to reflect the new channel. Big Ten Network is close by, on DirecTV channel 220.

nhl network ch 215 has been removed. So now we sit and wait untill directv feels like turning it on.

nhl network ch 215 has been removed. So now we sit and wait untill directv feels like turning it on.

The NHL Network's game on Friday night was shown as a "sneek peek". Directv never stated that it was the launch of the channel on Friday only a "sneek preview".

Todays only the 27th, it was posted above to be added by Oct 31st.

Looks like we shouldn't bitch until after the 31st if doesn't show up.

The NHL Network's game on Friday night was shown as a "sneek peek". Directv never stated that it was the launch of the channel on Friday only a "sneek preview".

Todays only the 27th, it was posted above to be added by Oct 31st.

Looks like we shouldn't bitch until after the 31st if doesn't show up.

It was a sneak peak in only the loosest sense. As far as I can tell ('cause I didn't watch the entire thing) it was the FL feed of the Panthers/Sabres game. And that was it.

DIRECTV 'Sneaks' NHL Network HD
The satcaster says the channel is coming soon.
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (October 29, 2007) -- DIRECTV on Friday aired a 'sneak peek' at the NHL Network HD, alerting subscribers that the channel is "coming soon."

The new channel, a simulcast of a standard-definition feed, will air 50 NHL regular season games in high-def as well as news and information programs about the league.

On Friday night, DIRECTV showed the NHL Network HD's broadcast of the Buffalo Sabres-Florida Panthers game on channel 215.

hockey.jpg

NHL Network HD is coming soon to DIRECTV.

The standard-definition channel was also available on the SD portion of channel 215.

On DIRECTV's on-screen guide, a message read that the NHL Network HD was "coming soon to DIRECTV." It's unclear when the satcaster will add the channel full-time, but it could be as early as today. The channel today was added to DIRECTV's programming guide at its web site.

EchoStar, the second's largest satcaster in the U.S., added NHL Network HD earlier this month.

DIRECTV's addition of the NHL Network HD would give it 75 HD channels, according to its count.

It was a sneak peak in only the loosest sense. As far as I can tell ('cause I didn't watch the entire thing) it was the FL feed of the Panthers/Sabres game. And that was it.
Actually, the NHL Network was using the FSN Florida feed for the game. The commercials indicated it as the NHL Network.

That is the same nbatv does their broadcasts

Status
Please reply by conversation.