Nimiq 4 strength

Nimiq 4 additional results

OK....

Shortened the cable run dramatically, down to about 15' now.
Using 22khz switch instead of disecq..

"found" about 25 more channels, better signal strength and quality, still havent messed with the pointing to get 91 into the mix.

Try that next. DONT want to go to *choice as their equipment not even using HDMI yet which means limited life before upgrading that equipment.

I wonder if *Choice realizes what a golden opportunity they are missing.
Bell has abandoned it's southernly mobile customers, while *choice actually has a home away from home plan fro travelers who want to keep their programming... just old equipment.... even with inferior software, as long as the signal quality, programming, and hardware were up to par I would go with them and not give Bell another shot.

Don't know what game Bell is playing by pulling that footprint o much tighter, not like dishnet is cutting off it's customers north of the border (and there are a lot)

Seems like Bell is cutting off it's nose to spite its face.

Seems like Bell is cutting off it's nose to spite its face.

This is so for the southern Canadians, but for the Canadians that live in northern Canada the signal strength is greatly improved. The combination of a stronger satellite and better focus has done wonders for them.

The next big hurdle looming on the horizon for me here in Nashville is April 1st with 8PSK.

The improved bandwidth utilization has a tradeoff in that you need a better signal to noise ratio of approx 3dB. I expect to be fine with several transponders, but others (e.g TP27 and TP02) are somewhat weaker and may be problematic.

Anyone know how to hack into the Bell Control Center and make a few adjustments to the dish aiming on the satellite itself?:)

Many people have already tried in Georgia and Florida with no luck, I'm not sure what the point is when in Northern Alabama I am on the fringe of no signal.

TP 3 on 82W now under 100%

Has anyone noticed that the signal on TP 3 is now well under 100%? It's not my dish or equipment as the other TPs are where they used to be i.e. Tp32 @ 68%

I also note that TP03 on 82 is not as strong as it was. It was always at a level of 100 and now is in the 50's for me.

Like DaveFormula, my other transponders are the same as they have been for quite a while.

I suspect they moved TP03 to the Nimiq 4.

I also note that TP03 on 82 is not as strong as it was. It was always at a level of 100 and now is in the 50's for me.

Like DaveFormula, my other transponders are the same as they have been for quite a while.

I suspect they moved TP03 to the Nimiq 4.

Yes, that was my thought also. Last night TP3 was @ 46% while TP4 was at 64%.

nimiq 4 signals in northern new jersey, eastern pa

anyone know what the signals is on the nimiq4 for 51cm dish in pa im thinking of getting bell back but have been informed people in east centeralpa are missing channels now on the new bird..

Last edited:
Anyone who has gone to larger than the stock satellites (so go 30 inches or bigger) doesnt seem to have a problem in PA, but the only way to know for certain is to try...

Just checking in to see if anyone is having any luck in the greater Pheonix area. We are in Queen Creek for the winter months and havn't had any luck finding anything.

We are looking at 45deg verticle and 145 off of north.