Nimiq 4 strength

It depends on the Glass and the angle you have to point through it.

I have seen systems installed behind Glass for several years.

I would like to know as well?

Just checking in to see if anyone is having any luck in the greater Pheonix area. We are in Queen Creek for the winter months and havn't had any luck finding anything.

We are looking at 45deg verticle and 145 off of north.

anyone know what the signals is on the nimiq4 for 51cm dish in pa im thinking of getting bell back but have been informed people in east centeralpa are missing channels now on the new bird..
I'm not having any problems in south central PA (Southern York County to be exact).

I just finish setting up a 20 inch dish here in Seattle area (about a hundred miles or so from Canadian border). Using my DVB card and MyTheatre, I tested several channels/transponders and I get signal strength from 75% to 90%. Of course I can't see nothing except on channel 829 VuHD.

I just finish setting up a 20 inch dish here in Seattle area (about a hundred miles or so from Canadian border). Using my DVB card and MyTheatre, I tested several channels/transponders and I get signal strength from 75% to 90%. Of course I can't see nothing except on channel 829 VuHD.

that sounds about right Art. I'm in Minneapolis and most of the 82W transponders are showing very high quality...and this is with a 18" dish

Yeap. And Minneapolis is further south of Seattle.
I read in several places, Canadians traveling to Florida, they have good Bev reception. No dish size was mentioned.

Sure 91W is fine, good luck with 82W! lol

Hey Iceburg, you don't look like someone that would Fear the Beaver! :p

I need help. I previously subscribed to Bell almost 3 years ago when a regular Bell 20" dish could get both (91 & 82) satellites. I understand now it is a hit of miss and dependent on where you live. I live in Central New Jersey and would like to get Bell again. What type & size Dish would I need? Anyone have any idea of the signal strength I would get on the various 82W transponders? I understand the 91 satellite reception wouldn't be a problem with a Bell 20" dish.

Just look at the sitcky at the top that has people's report of signal, oh wait a minute no mod here want's to make it a sticky for people like you that have this question...:confused:

Check out this thread for what people have reported:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/canadian-satellite-services/166004-nimiq-4-contour-map-first-take.html

There are conflicting reports on people's signal strengths in NJ & PA. Some people have no problem and some say 82W is not obtainable. What I do know is that Northen Alabama is on the fringe and in Nashville 82W has a stable enough signal with a 76cm dish. Odds are you would be fine in NJ but you are better off checking it out before you buy anything. Do you have you own equipment from the past? If so see if you can get a good signal on 82W with your old dish. As for 91W, you will not have a signal problem with it at least until Bell re-angles it or replaces it like they did with the 82W position.

Last edited:
I'm in central NJ myself. All I can tell you is that if you want the HD on 82 you're going to be very disappointed. I canceled my subscription last fall because of it.

Nimiq 4 Confirmed Reception

Just thought I'd add that using a 33 X 30 inch dish for nimiq 4 (82w)
and a separate standard Bell dish for nimiq 1 (91) I am able to receive everything on my sub (including much HD) in Salt Lake City, utah

:)

Hockey coverage as it should be!!!!!!!

ok the conflicting nj/pa nimiq 4 receptions reports are continuing this should be answered today. im 50 miles north of philly and 60 miles west of nyc.... im having an installer come out shortly and install the 30 inch winguard for 82 and a regular dish for 91 . installer is very familar with bell .. hopefully the rain holds off. installer has informed i should ok with the 30 inche dish for nimiq 4...........

Keep us up to date. I am pretty sure a 30inch will work no problem, 24inch would probably work to, but any smaller is problematic...

Too bad in Socal is not as it used to be when I was subbing to Bell in 2006 via broker. All HD channels I wanted are gone now with zero signal from L.A

Just thought I'd add that using a 33 X 30 inch dish for nimiq 4 (82w)
and a separate standard Bell dish for nimiq 1 (91) I am able to receive everything on my sub (including much HD) in Salt Lake City, utah

:)

Hockey coverage as it should be!!!!!!!

I have had Bell for 10 Years now in Western NY, and I am considering moving to Utah..Can you tell me which HD Channels you are pulling in?

I currently have the US Networks (Boston/Seattle) TSN, TSN 2, Sportsnet,Score, CTV, CBC,CITY-TV, RDS,and I dont want to lose any of them.

I watch the HD Channels way more than the Nimiq 91 SD Channels, so if you can tell me which Channels you get, and the TP strength it will be much appreciated..Thanks.

star choice

So please tell us about your Star Choice experience and signal strength, pictures quality, CSR response, ect as a lot of existing Bell customers might be going to Star Choice.
star the only way to go had both dropped bell.can call star for hits program changes no prob. ben all over florida 5th wheel now set in lake wales have small eplic dish quad lnb picture great ,i would get the bigger dish.but never needed it . be sure pole is levl . go to 46 on higth 120 angle 215 on compass and move slow toward 240 i have small tv go to signal bar when yellow kicks in markit and fine tune any signal in the mid 40 or better is ok dont worry about having to get it in the high 70 etc i have 505 hd and got nhl no prob .and have always just put my dish on the ground flat bord and brick hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)