Nintendo Switch Thread

Digital Foundry did tests to see if loading times varied greatly between Internal Storage, Cartridge, and SD Cards.

I'll pass on the switch, $300 for a half assed console is stupid, especially because it doesn't come with a pro controller which is another $80... Nintendo is smart, making so much money out of the addons.
I'm happy with my gaming pc (1080gtx gpu and triple ssd) also have the PS4 and xb1 when I have to play exclusives.
This should have been a $249.99 range console because the limited amount of storage space also it's so basic and the os is barebone, which again points out how cheap Nintendo is. Lastly the console doesn't have Ethernet connection built in? It will make online play trash with games like Mario Kart, especially because not many people out there have their wifi networks setup properly.

To me graphics is important and I don't see much of a difference between the last gen Wii U and the Switch when it comes down to graphics, if you look at the YouTube comparisons the difference is minimal.

In regards to pricing, I'm sure later in the year there will be decent prices on bundles that come with the pro controller, maybe Black Friday, hopefully by that time Costco will offer some good value and maybe then I'll consider picking one up, but ATM it's just not worth it to just play Zelda.

That's good news. I don't think many people want to see a repeat of the Wii U situation. The exception to that would be people hoping the Switch fails so Nintendo will publish their games for other platforms.

I don't want Nintendo to fail, they make excellent first party exclusive games, however they gotta step up their game, I don't see the point of them making a console into a portable system, they have a 3ds already doing that, they need better hardware, better graphics, more power to deliver stunning in game graphics, if you put the wiiu gpu next to the switch the difference is very minimal. On the other hand when you put the PS4 with the PS4 pro comparison you can see a big difference on a 4K Hdr tv.

That's cool they are ramping up their production, I'm still gonna wait for Holiday season for bundle packages.
Also from what I've seen Nintendo hasn't been friendly for folks that create indie games like the PC and PlayStation community.
Even Microsoft is coming around on the indie games project.

Lastly the console doesn't have Ethernet connection built in? It will make online play trash with games like Mario Kart, especially because not many people out there have their wifi networks setup properly.
I don't think Nintendo has ever had an ethernet built into anything.
Was an add-on for the gamecube, and both the Wii & Wii-U were wireless (though you could hook up a USB-ethernet dongle).

As it is, it makes sense for it to be wireless, as the unit is portable, and I doubt a connection would survive when you pull it from a dock with ethernet built in. That's the reason I haven't hooked up the Wii USB-ethernet dongle to it.

Plus the switch supports 5G, so I don't have to worry about interference in the 2.4G range.

A rather prominent game reviewer learned the hard way about the consequences of the Switch's inability to backup save data to an external source..

http://www.gamesradar.com/what-happ...e=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw
Yeah, I hope they address that in an update to allow save data to be saved onto the SD card.

I just hope they don't go the PS3/4 route that requires a paid plus account to backup data on the cloud.
Several years ago when my PS3 died and had to be fixed, the HDD had to be wiped, so all my kid's save data was wiped out, as I was the only one with a Plus account on it.

So it would be nice if all the console makers would let you use a usb device to have games saved to instead of internal memory that will go byebye with your console.

It's still embarrassing though that this is even an issue in 2017. I don't care if this is a system launch. Nintendo did things with this launch that I'd expect to see from an ill fated Kickstarter project, not a company that's been making gaming hardware for 40 years. We can only hope they get their act together sooner rather than later.

Probably a combination of people who weren't able to get a switch buying copies of the game beforehand, and those who lost their copy of the game (dang tiny cartridges) replacing it.

Could even be some buying both the digital and physical version for whatever reason.
That happened to me with the PS2. I had a copy of DOA2: Hardcore before I had my console.

Is supply really that bad? I know they're selling like hotcakes, but I've been seeing them available at the local gamestops and walmart for the past several weeks. Even the ugly neon red/blue edition.

I have been keeping my eye out for some kind of bundle since I travel a lot in the summer. So far the only bundles I have seen aren't actually a deal. They just include a game and/or accessory at full price.

I don't know how stock has been in local stores but I know that Amazon has been sold out consistently since launch. A lot of gaming websites made a big deal out of the fact that they actually had stock for several hours last Friday but even then they were only available to Prime members.

I came close to buying one on Friday but I'm still kind of holding out for a bundle that includes Zelda or Mario Kart because I know they will do something like that once supply catches up to demand. Right now there is no need for them to include a game when they appear to be selling them as fast as they can make them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)