No free HD VOD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I recently switched my directv back on. I now have a HDTV.

Except for the 101 hd, there is NO free hd vod.

All of the other hd vod either cost or in the higher packages.

I think Directv did this on purpose to sucker people in to the more expensive packages!

free HD VOD on 1004 ( NBC )
Free VOD HD on Showtime / and Starz Ondemand

theres plenty of channels on the ondemand that have hd content. TBS and TNT show HD on there orginal series.

It there you might not be looking in the right places.

I recently switched my directv back on. I now have a HDTV.

Except for the 101 hd, there is NO free hd vod.

All of the other hd vod either cost or in the higher packages.

I think Directv did this on purpose to sucker people in to the more expensive packages!

What package do you have?

I have family. I can't afford the $62 a month for choice plus the ten for hd and the $6 for the DVR.

Sorry to say but to point out perspective and small realities; if you can't do $60ish dollars for "X" package then maybe HDTV, satellite and the like are the least of your worries? Maybe you should move to a small family pack and a free OTA antenna? Just saying.

Sorry to say but to point out perspective and small realities; if you can't do $60ish dollars for "X" package then maybe HDTV, satellite and the like are the least of your worries? Maybe you should move to a small family pack and a free OTA antenna? Just saying.
Why so personal and mean spirited?

Oh, I forgot, with16K posts you have implied ownership here.

If you have a limited package, you can't expect a lot of extras. And yes, DirecTV wants you to buy a more-expensive package.

I don't think DirecTV's HD prices are out of whack. Cheaper than many cable companies for a basic package.

I really wish directv would have a basic only pack. Tons of sd channels I do not care to watch.

free HD VOD on 1004 ( NBC )
Free VOD HD on Showtime / and Starz Ondemand

theres plenty of channels on the ondemand that have hd content. TBS and TNT show HD on there orginal series.

It there you might not be looking in the right places.

I'm not seeing any HD on 1004

Agreed.

I really wish directv would have a basic only pack. Tons of sd channels I do not care to watch.

I kind of have to agree with "Tons of sd channels I don't care to watch":mad: I have more junk channels than I can watch at one time.:rant: I would like the sports package but it's not worth it to me when the local baseball team has suck a lock on the Fox Sports networks that all of the MLB baseball games are blacked out in San Diego.:mad:
As far as I am concerned the local team sucks....I would like to watch the Cubs or the Yankees before I would watch the local team. Glad I still have my XM radio to listen to the teams I want to listen to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)