No hopping in CBS locals

Except only CBS is affected by the 7 day window. O&O ABc only has a 3 day window, and NBC and Fox have next day. Still entirely relevant to many. Especially on Sunday's, Monday's, Thursday's. The top three days for prime time programming.
I hope this doesn't last long , takes away the Hopper's best part. We watch networks alot ??

Boycott away. I just choose to randomly Facebook message the CBS page hating on Les Moonves. His company makes some of the best shows, but he truly is one of TV innovations biggest a**holes. Most other companies aren't against innovation, they just want their price of the pie. Les, he is against innovation. Even censored CNET at CES.

I'll just skip the commercials like I always have done on any other show I have recorded. That is the point that Moonves is missing, no one is watching the commercials now and hasn't been watching them for years. Makes no difference whether it is auto hop or manual skip, we don't watch them.

no one is watching the commercials now and hasn't been watching them for years. Makes no difference whether it is auto hop or manual skip, we don't watch them.

I would wager that 95% of viewers are watching their TV live. So, to suggest that "no one is watching the commercials" might be a stretch. I quit watching commercials 30 or 40 years ago, but has nothing to do with recorded TV or some technological advance. :)

I am always a week or two behind on TV shows anyway, so it really wouldn't affect me. Of course I don't watch very much network TV at all. To tell you the truth, I watch so little network TV that I forget about Autohop when I do watch a program that has it enabled.

Reactions: TheKrell
That is how it is supposed to work in theory. I will admit, there is a 1-2 second difference in the total number of pushes on my Hopper, but being 1-2 seconds doesn't bother me at all

I would wager that 95% of viewers are watching their TV live. So, to suggest that "no one is watching the commercials" might be a stretch. I quit watching commercials 30 or 40 years ago, but has nothing to do with recorded TV or some technological advance. :)
Let me rephrase my earlier post: No one WITH a DVR is watching commercials . I rarely watch anything live ,except day time tv in the early morning . I know I haven't watched commercials on prime time shows since I got my first dvr ,a webtv/dishplayer back in 99.

It seems early in the show the break is under two minutes and towards the end of the show the breaks are over 4.
That's about what I noticed, with very minor differences. Seems to be the norm across most channels except USA. They stick with 4 minutes across the board.

Funny though, that the 'bad' part of the contract - the seven day delay - gets implemented quickly while The Smithsonian Channel is still MIA.
and the good part was that the main CBS channel came right back on immediately and now, just this week, we have Showtime Anytime....

Reactions: ChadT41
You know it's funny... Most people said 3 months was far to long for showtime anytime to take effect, but the PTAT and showtime anytime happened within a week of one another. Is it only quickly if the negative happens first?

Even TiVo has 30 second skip, way before Dish. It used to be a secret code that you punched into the remote to authorize the 30 second skip. Kind of to hide it from the program providers. I could not watch any tv without 30 second skip. I even let sports programs record at least an hour before I start watching.

Reactions: n0aaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)