No Signal-NADA!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I hooked up the motor nothing changed, which is good. Can I use USALS, when I do the quality disappears? Zero the motor?

Congrats on finding your South Sat. I am still trying, however I have hit a delay in trying to get Dish Network on my DP301, for the 121 W Sat, as my wife wants international progreamming from Dish.

Rick

OH ! I never took the motor off of the vertical setting.
I need to go back to my south sat. and reset the rotor to the settings you gave me, also reset the dish. Right now it is more or less just rotating in the same plain.

Depending on what satellite you are on......

Hit the Audio button (speaker picture) then left or right arrow until you select the correct audio channel.

Some channels are AC3 Audio . (AMC-3 mainly)

"Hit the Audio button (speaker picture) then left or right arrow until you select the correct audio channel"
no luck with this?

Can't find, G10R .... 123 W
Rechecked pole alignment, the rotor alignment and the dish.
I find the best settings for G3 to be right on the money, the same settings Pete gave me and it was the same in the manual also.
I have used USALS to find G10R and then bump the rotor and still can't find it?

Any Line of Sight issues? Trees, tall buildings, mountains, towers in that direction and elevation?

Galaxy 10R 123.0W 227.3 223.1 44.1 39.9

Try using another frequency that is LIVE on G10R, If you are using USALS just do a power scan to see if you pick up anything.

Try the scan where the dish lands then bump it over, if that does not work go back to 123W/USALS then bump it over the same amount in the opposite direction.

Try using another frequency that is LIVE on G10R'
What does this mean? Pete
What do these #'s mean? 227.3 223.

I think I found out why I had so much trouble ever finding a signal in the first place.
I noticed that when I was hooking up the signal strength meter that I had to rotate the coax connector to the left to get a signal and a polarization light? if it move to the right I would loose the signal!!
So I removed everything, disassembled the rotator(yeah I know) and found that all the contacts for the input and output coax connectors where loose?
after looking closely I discovered all 5 points on each connector had cold solder joints!!!! It almost looked as though the pins used a 'push through type of contact and relied on friction to maintain contact (POS). I looked at the quality of the unit and it was very good except for those contacts.
I soldered all 10 contacts and am now back in business. i mention this only because others have or will have a problem with this. I have a photo of these contacts if needed by anyone.

A channel that is actually broadcasting "LIVE" right now, glad to hear you got it going, thanks for the tip : ) Pictures would be nice.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 110
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)