No Signal on Digital Coax Output

ripit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
I am only getting audio from the RCA stereo output but no sound from the digital coax connection. Anyone else having this problem?

ripit said:
I am only getting audio from the RCA stereo output but no sound from the digital coax connection. Anyone else having this problem?
Did it work before? Do you have a Dolby Digital receiver? In case your receiver is PCM-only, you can switch VOOM STB to PCM mode.
Also, make sure the receiver is set to proper input.
And if nothing else helps, try rebooting your STB ;)

It's been working fine since I signed up last April until this morning (it worked fine last night). I have the box setup to output DD. I haven't changed any settings. I have sw version 7.37. When I turned on the TV this morning it turned on and was delivering a picture but did not have sound and was locked on one channel and would not respond to any IR commands. I rebooted and it appeard to be working except it was still not outputting an audio signal over digital coax, only RCA stereo output.

I have actually not had any trouble at all with the stb up until some of the most recent software upgrades. I have been getting intermittant blackouts and I have had to reboot a few times, whereas I have only had to reboot my stb once or twice the entire time before prior to these updates.

Turn your AV receiver off/on and then make sure it is set to proper input.
Some receivers automatically switch to analog audio input when digital stream is interrupted...

Not the receiver. I turned off auto-polling and it still doesn't receive a signal. I switched to the optical output and that is working, so I am just going to keep it on that one. I would, however, like to know why the digital coax output stopped working suddenly.

Thanks for your help, all.

Sometimes I cannot receive a signal via coax. This works for me: Whatever chanel your Voom receiver is tuned to ( But no picture or sound ), just punch in a lower channel ( for example channel 3 ). Then when that channel shows up, press " back " and it will go back to the previous channel - this time with the program coming in. Hope it works for you.

Thanks Robert, however I am refering to the digital audio connection to my AV receiver. I have the video connected via DVI and I am able to get a picture but I am not receiving audio through the digital coax audio output. I switched to the optical output and that is working, but I would like to know why the digital coax stopped working.

I do sometimes get the blank screen (which only started with the recent software updates) and the fix that you mentioned seems to work for me also.