nothing but problems

billshort113

Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
I've haven't been able to record anything so they tell me at timetrax it might be my antenna placement.So I went on my roof and reposititioned it.I checked the record log and went from 33% to 0%.I shut down timetreax,went back on the roof, reposititioned the antenna,went down to computer and turned on timetrax and now it says I'm an unregistered user.I try to reregister and it says the activation key isn't in their data bank.Anybody else having problems like this?I'd rather just get my money back.BTW the timetrax antenna is sitting on my roof right next to my S50 antenna which is reading 100%.The only reason I got timetrax was to record content on the music channels,which my S50 now does since their latest firmware update.

Howdy,

The antenna that you received with your TimeTrax device is actually a Sirius Car antenna, its not made by TimeTrax. The only part of TimeTrax is the device that plugs in with your receiver and the software.

When I first hooked up my TimeTrax and receiver using the Sirius Car Antenna then I did not get good reception for many reasons, but one particular reason is all the interference being caused by metallic objects, microwaves, and computer hardware.

So what I did was I ended up buying a 50 ft EXTENSION Cable so that I could extend the Car Antenna away from the interference. At first I did not realize that it was an extension cable and my signal strength went down to zero. Once I realized it was just an extension cable then I hooked up my car antenna with the extension and now I get a strong signal.

I don't know if this is the same for you but I wanted to share these thoughts to see If could help. :)

I think my problem is a defective radio.I got my radio at Circuit City because I wanted to make sure I got a Kenwood so I could use it with the head unit in my truck if I decided to.Time trax complete didn't seem to give you a choice of what reciever they sent you.If I unplug the antenna from the siruis connect(with 0% signal strength)and plug it into my old Audiovox pnp I get 100% signal strength.So I don't think it's antenna placement.If it is the radio thats causing the problem does that mean I'm screwed because timetrax says you cannot switch radios?Hopefully I'll be able to work something out with the good people at timetrax,who really have been very helpful so far.

Is it possible to take the receiver back to Circuit City? Just to rule out that it is a defective radio. Also I noticed on TimeTrax website that they support the Sporster so it that may be better than the car type receivers..... dunno but maybe an idea for you.

When I purchased TimeTrax I opted for the complete package even though TimeTrax supplies the receiver they do supply the end user with excellent brands... such as mine JVC.

I would defintely keep talking with TimeTrax and see what they can do as far as the key. Good Luck!

It was the radio. Got a new one and had 100% signal.I just hope timetrax will switch my account to the new radio.

billshort113 said:
It was the radio. Got a new one and had 100% signal.I just hope timetrax will switch my account to the new radio.

I remember hearing conflicting stories on this forum about that -I would update your ticket or open a new one telling them you got a different RADIO ID now and they should be able to help you. I would hope they allow this so that people could move to newer radios...So I am sure they can help.

I'm having major troubles too and am starting to think it's the radio. I have reviewed the forum and there are many people whose signals are stuck at 33%, including me. TT staffers - any guidance on this?

kevintdf said:
I'm having major troubles too and am starting to think it's the radio. I have reviewed the forum and there are many people whose signals are stuck at 33%, including me. TT staffers - any guidance on this?

If you could open a support ticket I would be happy to help you out.

We will find out what the issue is for you.

Derek

Thanks for your prompt reply, Derek.

I've spent a couple of hours checking all my settings and think everything is okay, but I'll try some more. I've been using TT for over a year with my XMPCR and it has worked flawlessly. I don't know why the Sirius kit is giving me a hard time. Per your advice, I'll do a trouble ticket if I can't sort it out myself.

Sounds good.

Be sure to install the latest version (1.6)

It works the best of all the Recast versions for Sirius.

Derek

PhuckNut said:
I remember hearing conflicting stories on this forum about that -I would update your ticket or open a new one telling them you got a different RADIO ID now and they should be able to help you. I would hope they allow this so that people could move to newer radios...So I am sure they can help.

If you get a new reg code let me know. My XM direct died when I dropped it. Turns out that is when my Time Trax license died also. If you get a new radio you most likely will need to buy TT all over again. A TT license is only good for the lifetime of the radio.

sgiddens said:
If you get a new reg code let me know. My XM direct died when I dropped it. Turns out that is when my Time Trax license died also. If you get a new radio you most likely will need to buy TT all over again. A TT license is only good for the lifetime of the radio.

Yeah, they are taking the Tivo business model, but cannot build a product that can even come close to a tivo reliability stand point.

Oh well... 3.2 is working great. I am there for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts