Nothing but silence recorded...

tifosiv122

Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
This is really the first time working with the unit since my other unit was defective. I have a PC just for TT. TT was running and I could hear the sirius broadcast. I set it to record Stern for Monday and Tuesday. I go to the PC today, turn on the monitor (has built in speakers) and TT is running, the voice levels are moving, but I don't hear anything. I copy the 2 Mp3 files and bring them to another PC to listen. Sure enough, I got 2 Mp3s that are completely silent.

If I close TT and re-open it, the sound is back on.

What happened? Should I open a ticket? The log shows nothing is wrong.

Erik

I was recording Stern this morning also and had the same exact problem!

Hmmm... you know... I had this problem too a few days ago. I had TT running for a few days straight and I noticed that I had an update software pushed to me from AOL IM. It was one of them 'do you wanna update?" messages. I clicked 'remind me later', rebooted TT and left it alone again. The same darn update got popped again and sure enough, TT lost audio. I accepted the update and now I have no audio issues.

Help. Please!

Same problem here! Really frustrating. I checked all my settings and sound card. Everything works. This just started today. Reviewed "Troubleshooting Tips" to no avail. Is this a problem with 1.6? How can I revert to 1.5?

Anyone have a clue? Are you listening TT?

Recast 1.6
XP SP2
XM PCR

Details

Here's some details on my problem if it helps at all. I tried to "open up a direct support request" from the support & download page, but that seems to only take you to the knowledgebase.

TimeTrax 1.6 actually starts up OK sometimes for me (not all times). Last night I fired it up about 8:45pm and hit "record". Because I don't save duplicate files, the first song recorded wasn't filed until 9:44pm. Over the next 3 hrs there were 15 songs recorded fine (song 15 has a file time of 12:45am). From then on the recorded files have no sound, so something changed at that point. I was asleep then, and no other programs were running. TimeTrax is still running at this time, and has recorded 26 files with no sound (41 files total). There was sound coming from the speakers when I went to bed, but no sound currently, so the output to the speakers also likely dropped at the same time TimeTrax started recording blanks.

The only way to tell the files with no sound is to play them or examine them with a sound editing program. So I've got a lot of files now that I have to check before deleting in order to tell which files to keep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts