NPD Hardware Sales Data

Sorry guys, I was referring to all the comments made about why the playstion3 should not be counted in the player numbers. One side seem to think that gamers would not spend money on Blu-Ray movies.

maybe we should start a thread on the new Star Trek movies

That was just given as an example of how Nerdy / gamer I am, but still watch movies.

And btw I did go out of the way to buy a 360 add - on drive to watch HD-DVDs on .

:up

Add-on, should always be counted. PS3 can not be counted either way fairly.

Here's the facts, BD standalones outsell HDDVD standalones right now regardless of higher prices. BD continues to outsell on movies.

The number of PS3's sold to date AND (opinion) that are being used as a BD player trump the number of HDDVD standalones.

Hmmm, good point
Stupid point when we all know studios don't count games sales. Most PS3's are in some kids bedroom on a SD TV. I guess since you said "good point" you want to count games sales in Neilson Videoscan?

Just because your on one side of the war don't mean that you have to be a yes man to BD trolls.

Good point, stupid point.

HD DVD ADD ON IS FOR PLAYING MOVIES ONLY!!!

Stupid point when we all know studios don't count games sales. Most PS3's are in some kids bedroom on a SD TV. I guess since you said "good point" you want to count games sales in Neilson Videoscan?

Just because your on one side of the war don't mean that you have to be a yes man to BD trolls.

You are no better than he is with that uninformed comment.

You are no better than he is with that uninformed comment.
50 year parents don't play games and are not going to have their living rooms clogged up for hours and hours per day. Also what % of homes even have HDTV 30% give or take.

Did you just accuse someone of a uninformed post???

If you read back I stated that the playing movies was the only reason for getting the add on. So read and comprehend before you react.

I said good point to the fact that technically he was correct. The games are on BD.

There is no yes man mentality here. You see what you want, which is fine, suit yourself, but dont assume anything about me.

50 year parents don't play games and are not going to have their living rooms clogged up for hours and hours per day. Also what % of homes even have HDTV 30% give or take.

Did you just accuse someone of a uninformed post???

Nothing to see here folks, keep moving

:sleeo

Add-on, should always be counted. PS3 can not be counted either way fairly.
I agree that the stand alone should be included. I also think the PS3 should be, even though i can see the point about it being a little unfair. The fact still remains that someone can, and many do ( I am guessing) , play movies on it.

The Digitals Bits just posted the actual standalone unit numbers, let's see how Baghdad Vurbano spins these:

January Week 2:

Blu-ray Disc - 21,770 units
HD-DVD - 1,758 units - LOL :p

Month of December:

Blu-ray Disc - 115,132 units
HD-DVD - 76,148 units

Just shows even with price cuts, every sales person in BB and CC are telling people HD DVD is dead, and BD won the war. I will have to survey the local BB and CC this week and see if they have any HD-DVD players and what the sales people say about them... I bet they are going to be sold out and not know when they will get more HD-DVD players soon, but will have a selection of BD players.

I agree that the stand alone should be included. I also think the PS3 should be, even though i can see the point about it being a little unfair. The fact still remains that someone can, and many do ( I am guessing) , play movies on it.

I think it's safe to assume that the hundreds of thousands of people who got a 40G PS3 in the past two months have used it play BD movies given the fact that A FRIGGIN BD WAS INCLUDED IN THE BOX!!!:eek:

If you read back I stated that the playing movies was the only reason for getting the add on. So read and comprehend before you react.

I said good point to the fact that technically he was correct. The games are on BD.

There is no yes man mentality here. You see what you want, which is fine, suit yourself, but dont assume anything about me.
But for the context of our conversation it was not a good point it was stupid, or did you not comprehend that???

But for the context of our conversation it was not a good point it was stupid, or did you not comprehend that???

I feel you should take a lack on contribution pill and maybe itll make your replies more intersting and informative, instead of useless and inciting.

I wonder if Blu-ray standalones really outsold HD DVD standalones in December of if they just counted the ones given away with the purchase of LCD and plasma sets from Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, etc. It is water under the bridge now. However, business studies will look back on the ability to manipulate numbers (BOGO free is the reason why Transformers didn't *cough* deliver the week for HD DVD in the fall.) as one of the main reasons Blu-Ray pulled ahead in 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts