Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

I received a nice email from E* thanking me for replying to the L-4.01 test, I had mentioned that the only lip sync problem I still have is on TNT Hd, they stated that that problem was solved, and for me to let them know if I experienced this problem in the future.

Did the new software fix this, or they've fixed something on the headend? I was watching TNT HD this morning and the lip sync was pretty far off still...I am still on the old software...

Damn it. I still havent received the L4.01 yet. I really need it because of the OTA problems I have had in St. Louis with signal drop outs especially on CW-11 which I have heard from two different posts that it may fix it.

I am hearing EVERYONE will get L401 on Thursday. (At least thats whats scheduled now)

In addition the software is going out to another 100k today.

Did the new software fix this, or they've fixed something on the headend? I was watching TNT HD this morning and the lip sync was pretty far off still...I am still on the old software...

Yeah I'd like a bit more detail about this too... last I heard someone in another thread had emailed an engineer, who had sent a letter to the vp at tnt...

Have L401 and like the extras but every morning have to do a hard reboot because when turned on I have sound but no picture. Holding down power button and letting it reset fixes the problem. This has happened last 4-6 mornings and once after being turned off for an hour.

Bob,

Wouldn't giving network show timers priority over your premium channels work to minimize conflicts?

I pretty much have it set up that way already, but I'll double check. Bottom line, I'm just begging for the software to adjust to the fact that two timers at 9pm and 2 timers at 10pm don't mean that you have to kill the 10pm timers by default as they do now due to the padding. That being said, the name based recording works really well, this is just a minor annoyance. Most of the shows it missed were network shows on Sundays and Mondays, when there are a lot of shows I record,..

I had solved the problem with spreading timers among the distant networks when there was an issue, but having to go with only the East Coast timers alone has been creating problems (I don't even want to think about what football will do to them in the fall.... the west coast timer of The Simpsons and Family Guy always worked. I'll have to manually record a 3 hour block to make sure long games don't record the wrong shows).

Other that the timer scheduling issue, I've been REAL happy with L4.01. For those who don't use OTA it is rock solid for me.

I was one of the 100k this morning. Didn't get a chance to mess with it much. I like the split-screen PIP though. I'll see what it broke when I check it out more later tonight.

I am hearing EVERYONE will get L401 on Thursday. (At least thats whats scheduled now)

In addition the software is going out to another 100k today.

I only reported what was sent in the email from E*, the lip sync is still there. "we are aware of the lip sync issue on TNT and it should be fixed now, please let us know if you experience this again".

I had solved the problem with spreading timers among the distant networks when there was an issue, but having to go with only the East Coast timers alone has been creating problems (I don't even want to think about what football will do to them in the fall.... the west coast timer of The Simpsons and Family Guy always worked. I'll have to manually record a 3 hour block to make sure long games don't record the wrong shows).

Other that the timer scheduling issue, I've been REAL happy with L4.01. For those who don't use OTA it is rock solid for me.

Bob, is your padding set to 1 minute before and 1 minute after? The dvr should be able to handle staying on the same tuner for back to back recordings if you are using this padding.

Damn it. I still havent received the L4.01 yet. I really need it because of the OTA problems I have had in St. Louis with signal drop outs especially on CW-11 which I have heard from two different posts that it may fix it.

Scott, have you unplugged your 622 and then plugged it back in to see if it will start the download that way?

Bob, is your padding set to 1 minute before and 1 minute after? The dvr should be able to handle staying on the same tuner for back to back recordings if you are using this padding.

Actually you may have hit on something there... The defaults were 1 minute early and three minutes late, I believe.... I had several shows like Lost abuse that buffer, so I bumped them to 5 minutes at the end on a few timers.... It somehow has made it the default setting now, good in most cases, but bothersome during heavy recording schedules...

Once again, I go in and manually remove the padding and the problem goes away, but sometimes it doesn't let me without deleting one of the other timers first. I then have to go back in reset the timer to record after I've skipped it. I was just hoping for something that juggled things a little more efficiently, but I'll make do....

Charlotte Local HD Pause/Record Problem

For me the problem mostly cleared itself yesterday for some unknown reason. I am now able to record and pause the Charlotte HD channels without problems. However any recordings I had made on the Charlotte HD channels before yesterday go to the end once you press play or attempt to go forward or backward.

The software still says release 4.01, so I am not sure if they updated the software, changed how they broadcast the Charlotte stations, or the tooth fairy fixed the problem. Anyway, with this problem resolved I love the updates they made to the system.

Has the problem cleared for anyone else who had the problem?

Remember that there are occasionall glitches the first day that a software release is downloaded. Many go away after the 2nd night's nightly EPG download. Don't know if this had anything to do with your problem clearing up or not....

Got L4.01 this morning. So far so good.

Can anyone share some info about "DishComm" option? (Sorry if that is a repeat question)......

Thanks.

Got 401 this morning. Not signed up for beta test but received it anyway. I have been using it all day and no problems. I tried the HDMI reset but it did not fix the problem. In fact when I check the different sections under HDMI disp info I get quick errors in info 1 and info 2. The errors only show up quickly under the Disp Info menu not in the window. I believe the errors are the same and state: ERR: formatted_edid: -248 .

Needless to say the reset makes no difference. I cant even see any differences in the various status windows. I also tried the hard boot reset but it made no difference.

Otherwise the new split screen is great . it may be my imagination but the SD channels also look clearer than before.

jcbyte

Six more crashes overnight.

I thought the problem was heat-related, I have now got a notebook chiller under the 622 and a 5" desk fan blowing across the top and my cabinet is open front and back. I've had 6 more crashes (that I know about) since doing that. Seems to occur most frequently while watching OTA. Will try the power-off, wait 5 minutes, power-on reboot this evening. I have loved my 622 since getting it a year ago, I am now ready to toss the thing out the window. I am in the process of trying to send all my saved shows to the DVD recorder in case I need to swap this unit out.

Very frustrated! :(
Jeff

Received the update last night. Everything was working fine then channel changes became very slow (10-15 sec). I've never had that particular problem before, a reboot cured it but will have to wait and see if it comes back. New features are OK but certainly nothing to get excited about IMHO.

NightRyder

I spent several hours this weekend playing with the new release (not a beta tester - just one of the 'lucky' :rolleyes: ones). Here are my observations for the record.

1) Lost OTA - took several re-boots to get it back.
2) Unit started rebooting itself every few hours (previously I've had maybe 3 spontaneous reboots this year). This seems to be heat-related as placing a notebook cooler under the unit seems to have resolved the issue. Can software introduce a heat-related issue?
3) I am an admitted DVR nut - the kind that waits for a show to run 20 minutes before starting to watch just so I can skip through commercials. The new rewind and fast forward are horrible! I used to be able to watch shows in fast forward mode just dropping to regular speed when something of interest showed up. The new fast forward is jerky and difficult to control. I used to be able to fast forward past commercials, back up to the resume point of the show easily and accurately, now it's 'fwd, play, back, back, fwd, back, play, fwd, play, back...' just to get it to the right place. Very frustrating!

P.S. I would like to confirm that my reboots are heat-related can someone point me to the place I can read the internal temperature of the unit?

Thanks!
Jeff

My DVR FF sucks also. I wasn't on the beta list, I was one of the lucky ones who got the first download. Have any of the offical beta testers experienced the DVR FF RR jerky / stop problem and have you reported it?

Is this a common problem? Sorry if I missed it in the thread.

Very jerky indeed, skip back seems now to be some random amount between the expected 7 seconds and 25 or so.

Using frame advance or slow motion, trying to find a particular frame is a nightmare. I spent 10 minutes the other night trying just trying to view the embedded frames in one of the GE commercials. Every time I'd try to position it would be way off from where I pushed the button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)