Old RCA Direct TV Receiver

bsr2002

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
South Texas
Hi everyone,

I have an old RCA Direct TV Receiver that I would like to use for OTA. I don't have the original Dish that came with it (gave it away) :mad:

I do however have an Ultrasat FTA box and 33" Dish coming in anyday now for FTA TV. Can I use the signal from that dish for the sat signal to the Direct TV Receiver and get my HD locals that way? :D

Thanks in advance,
Ben :)

what kind of DTV receiver you have? If you have DTV HD capable Hughes E86 (I think) You will get local in HD with the regular antenna. But with the old RCA receiver you can not use it as OTA
You can not use signal from the sat to the receiver to get local in HD
The ultra sat with 33 dish you will get the FTA channels and some bonus channels

Go to D's web site and click on customer care, a drop down menu will appear. Click on manuals. Find the receiver in question and click on it. HD locals come off air not from a satellite, you will need a OTA antenna for local HD stations. Go to www.antennaweb.org type in your address and Zip Code. This will give you a guide as to what kind of antenna you will need. You should not need a dish for the built in ATSC tuner to work off air.