One receiver with two TV's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sillyha

Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Ontario
Hi there, I brought HR24 receiver from Directv. Is there any way I can hook that receiver to two TV's. I was thinking to hook component video to 1 TV and HDMI to second TV. Thanks

Hi there, I brought HR24 receiver from Directv. Is there any way I can hook that receiver to two TV's. I was thinking to hook component video to 1 TV and HDMI to second TV. Thanks

You can do exactly that, but you can only watch one channel, unlike the Dish dvr which allows you to watch two different channels at the same time.

Will be the same as Dish. Dish has sd on tv2 but can mirror hdmi and component on tv1. I use a hdmi splitter on my HR24 on 2 hdtv's.

Thanks for the helps guys.
I have one more question? I have one TV on the middle floor and second TV in the basement. I have problem changing the channels from the middle floor. If I buy Universal RF Remote sold by directv for $25, would that solve my problem and it is reliable?

Thanks for the helps guys.
I have one more question? I have one TV on the middle floor and second TV in the basement. I have problem changing the channels from the middle floor. If I buy Universal RF Remote sold by directv for $25, would that solve my problem and it is reliable?

Maybe, but I'm guessing not. As far as I know, all DTV DVR's come with an RF remote for starters and all DTV boxes without DVR come with an IR remote.

I'm doing basically the same thing you want to do except I'm using a IR extender (available from Radio Shack and elsewhere for around $25). For the most part, this system works fine in changing channels from my room to the room with the DTV box.

Guys back to my hooking up 1 receiver to 2 TV's. I heard, I can also use coaxial cable rather than using HDMI wires. I have two wires coming from directv dish, one is for PVR and second is for dish channels to my receiver. Can somebody please explain me how would I use coaxial cables to hook up two tvs. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)