One single Christmas Gift From Dish.

I'd like Charlie to make more nice nice with TiVo and provide a TiVo receiver for Dish Network subscribers.

Yes, this is a great heresy, but I really enjoy the many "extras" that my HD TiVo provides.

I don't see why not, since so many are let down by the new DirecTivo and how dated it is. Given that the 922 seems to be coming to a dead end anyway why not give the Tivo engineers a crack at writing software for it. So long as it's an option for those who want a DishTivo and not replacing Dish software for those that don't want Tivo.

I would like to see something that used to work, does sometimes, and could be expanded to almost every list on Dish with just a little work.

You have a list of programs up, you press 1 to 9 to go to the item closest to (#-1)/8 of the way down. This works currently sometimes on Recordings, especially 1 to go to the top and 9 to go to the bottom. So if you press 5 you are half way down the list, etc.

Expanding to many more menus should be easy--speaks the programmer in me.

The biggest advance would be for the EHD, especially when you have hundreds of recordings, page advance is not enough.

My 2 cents,
-Ken

It would be nice to eliminate those must carry channels like HSN ect, ect, and actually put something I would watch in their
place for the same cost. I know, I will never see this happen but can’t one wish? Junk is junk. I probably have 15-25 channels
blocked out at the present time.

Don't you realize that those channels more than pay their own way!!

Dish has to PAY for ESPN and nearly all the other channels, but these FEW shopping channels actually PAY DISH to be carried and it helps lower our monthly bills or at least helps Dish keep their dividend going.

The loss of these channels would adversely effect what Dish is able to offer to the rest of us in the way of freebies and discounts - the prices would definitely go up.

I say we need more of these trash channels - all I do is lock them out and I never see them but it is gratifying to know they are there paying part of my bill!

Past Xmas why is this thread even alive anymore? :rolleyes:

I agree, they tend to beat a dead horse around here! 62 pages on a non-existant XIP reciver? They'll say at CES its comming out soon, it will be next year and another year for bugs to get worked out?

You don't get it Iceberg, we as bloggers have a constitutional right to complain about things that really shouldn't be making us raise an eyebrow at all. Without it, we would have actually face our boring everyday lives. It's tough being us, having such relaxing lives that we need to find things to complain about.

You don't get it Iceberg, we as bloggers have a constitutional right to complain about things that really shouldn't be making us raise an eyebrow at all. Without it, we would have actually face our boring everyday lives. It's tough being us, having such relaxing lives that we need to find things to complain about.
Dat be funny. :D:D

LJALLEN97 said:
It would be nice to eliminate those must carry channels like HSN ect, ect, and actually put something I would watch in their
place for the same cost. I know, I will never see this happen but can?t one wish? Junk is junk. I probably have 15-25 channels
blocked out at the present time.

I know. Here lately I block channels about as quickly as I do people on Facebook. Have 51 blocked people on there. ;)

You don't get it Iceberg, we as bloggers have a constitutional right to complain about things that really shouldn't be making us raise an eyebrow at all.
Just so we are clear here, nobody has constitutional rights to post here or to any online forum. But with that said forums would be boring places if we didn't have opposing opinions in the discussions. :)

You don't get it Iceberg, we as bloggers have a constitutional right to complain about things that really shouldn't be making us raise an eyebrow at all.

I will assume you were being sarcastic. ;)

My response was to az who apparently felt the need to bring negativity into every thread then when a response to him is made he decides to report the post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts